Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
nashonii

Pond photos

Nashonii
12 years ago

Thank you everyone for the photo posting advice. I have placed them in Photobucket. Now I hope to be able to post them, for you to see.

Here is a link that might be useful: photobucket

Comments (5)

• Nashonii
    Original Author
    12 years ago

It worked! Thanks to everyone, my 4 little photos are viewable. Didn't take a photo after I added the ivy around the pool, cause I had to get to work. But if anyone is interested, I can post them now...it added a lot of interest. Wish I had been given the option of posting directly to the message, as it used to work. But I never saw the 'upload' option below the preview. thank you again everyone.

• christie_sw_mo
    12 years ago

Beautiful! I'm jealous.
    I didn't see the frog until I read your comment and looked. Cute!

I think you said you wanted plant suggestions. Something I want that requires a lot of water is cardinal flower to attract hummingbirds and butterflies, although I don't know how well it would do with its roots actually in the water. I started some from seed this spring and still haven't planted them out. It was too dry and I'm still not sure where to put them.

Judging from the lilies along the side it looks pretty big. Do you mind if I ask what the dimensions are?

You know you're making me want a pond right?

• christie_sw_mo
    12 years ago

Forgot to tell you -
    Since you already have your photos on Photobucket, this is easy. Boxes with addresses should appear underneath each photo. (Sometimes you have to mouse over them. I'm not sure why). Click on the box to the right of "HTML code". When you click on it, it should say "copied". Then when you're typing your message on Gardenweb, just do a control F to paste it anywhere into your message. You will see several lines of code but when you preview the message, the photo should appear. If I didn't leave out any steps, that should work. Let us know.

• helenh
    12 years ago

It looks like a big pond with nice rock work. I know you will enjoy it very much.

I copied the HTML code from your picture. Your pond looks like a professional job very nice. . Those packaged water lilies at Lowes and Wal Mart actually grow into nice plants. Don't buy them late in the season though. I have several of those different colors. They cost 8 or 9 dollars each. One I bought late at Lowes didn't grow and I fished it out of the water and got my money back after a month or so. Keep the tickets and package. The Master Gardeners sale last spring had a water garden sale too. I think I got snails in my stock tank from those. There must be a way to quarantine water plants. The pond forum would know. Put some more pictures in Photobucket for us please and not just of the pond.

• teeandcee
    12 years ago

Very pretty! I'd love to put a small pond in my back yard.