Return to the Ozarks Region Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
frost possible

Posted by helenh z6 MO (My Page) on
Sat, Oct 10, 09 at 1:24

Well it is after midnight and I frantically pulled some plants and have them in plastic bags in my basement. If I don't get the plants in they'll be dead and if I don't dry out my basement I'll have mildew. I did not think we would have a frost this early. I'll bet I have bugs and maybe little snakes come out of this dirt. Tomorrow I'll get some potting soil wet and put them in containers. I was sort of ready with cuttings and purchased potting mix. I thought I'd have more time

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: frost possible

I left three potted plants outside that I want to winter over; I am hoping the temp won't totally kill them! I didn't get it done because of all the rain. I will have to cut them back drastically, one is over the roof of the house. Will do that today and see what happens.

It is 34 on the outside porch right now so that means it will be freezing by sunup. I wasn't quite ready for this cold. Surely, we will get some more 70 days.

o

It took me by surprise too. I put a couple plants in my garage that I thought would be most tender but there are a couple more on my patio that may get frost bit. I should've brought those in too.

Hate to see the weather getting colder but at the least the trees are starting to turn. The pretty colors soften the blow somewhat. lol

o

I don't see any frost damage today on anything here.
But so muddy down where I need to get some things I may have to just let them go an start over. The brick on the house keeps most things going a little longer here. At least it has for the past few years.
Hope the frost won't get most of what I want brought in before the first of the week.
Came down w/the flu Friday. So wont be doing too much of any thing for a few days.
There are a few trees starting to change around here also, most of them are the neighbors, seems like mine is always late.
Helen that scares me just to think about a snake being in the soil I bring in.
Bonnie

o

I don't get dangerous snakes in my pots. Last year I found some harmless ring necked snakes in my basement when I brought pots inside; they dried up poor things.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Ozarks Region Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here