Return to the Ozarks Region Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Bulb Order Arrived

Posted by gldno1 z6MO (My Page) on
Thu, Oct 3, 13 at 7:43

I ordered l00 bulbs from White Flower Farm and it arrived last week.

I warned DH that we would be planting bulbs soon.

I ordered this same type (mixed)narcissus from them many years ago but several have died out. Most of their things are way too expensive but "The Works" deals are very reasonably priced. They are very nice sized bulbs.

BTW: You Joplinites: DH wanted to drive down and view the rebuilding. He used to have stops in Joplin when he was on the road. What a tribute to all who live in that area....we were amazed at how wonderful everything looked. We finally found the damaged area by seeing all the new houses, light poles and lack of trees. I didn't realize how big Joplin is! We saw the new hospital going up and it was very impressive.

I had planned to check out the Ozark Nursery, but we were limited on time (MIL visit) and missed it.

Beautiful town.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Bulb Order Arrived

Narcissus are an investment; they keep coming back if you don't mow them. I used to order lily bulbs from Van England but have gotten into the habit of buying cheap bulbs at the box stores. You may have tempted me to look at the collections.

I notice the lack of trees in Joplin because I have been going there for years to visit my friend. In fall there were brilliant red, yellow and orange trees on his street. Between ice storms and tornadoes now there are no beautiful trees. This is a good time of year for a drive. It isn't too hot and we've had a few rains. I am looking forward to the craft fairs in the next few weeks. We always go to Bella Vista, Ark. Neosho has one this weekend. Theirs is not as big but we eat out afterwards at the Chinese restaurant and make a day of it.

Here is a link that might be useful: I am looking at these

This post was edited by helenh on Wed, Oct 9, 13 at 17:30

o
RE: Bulb Order Arrived

Hope your bulbs do well Glenda. It's more fun to get mixtures like that so there's a little mystery when they start to bloom.
I planted some daffodils in late spring, wrong time to plant them I know but we were moving them from an aunt's house that passed away. I'm going to be so disappointed if they don't come back in the spring. Some were 'Tahiti' I think and very pretty.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Ozarks Region Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here