Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ceresone

Bug Harvest

ceresone
15 years ago

Well, you've came to expect the unexpected from me-and I didnt want to disappoint you.

My Chinese Cabbage beat all expectations this year, and after my DIL and I harvested all we wanted, there were still half a bed. By leaving them so long, the bugs were having a party for everyone they knew.

So, I had a bright idea, I double-bagged each head, bugs and all, put them in a large bag-and into the freezer (one I dont use much) I think my chickens will really appreciate the greens-and bugs-when the snow and ice are outside, and they have to stay inside.

Now, lets hope I dont get down, and someone else does the cooking!!

Comment (1)

• christie_sw_mo
    15 years ago

lol What a surprise someone would get if they looked in your freezer! That's a very smart idea though and your chickens could use the extra protein in the winter. Who knows - maybe feed stores will sell frozen Japanese Beetles someday.
    I've never grown Chinese Cabbage. Can you give a review on that? What did you make with them? Wal-Mart sells eggroll wraps in a package and I bought some of those once to make my own eggrolls but I used regular cabbage. I thought they were good but I'm the only one in my family that likes them so I haven't made them again.

Sponsored
BME Construction LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars20 Reviews
Loudoun County's Source for High-End Custom Decks & Outdoor Structure