Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ceresone

Parting is such sweet sorrow--

ceresone
17 years ago

Well, i used to be here every morning, felt i knew all my "neighbors" personally. really were good people here--the operative word is "were"-- i still check in each day, but still old posts up, dosent seem to be any interest anymore, its just summer, i thought, everyones busy-but i dont think anyones busier than i've been--yet here i am--so, today, i regretfully delete this forum from my favorites, and move on.just wanted to tell anyone that still checks once in awhile, goodbye.

Comments (9)

• oakleif
    17 years ago

I will miss you ceresone and hope you change your mind. I thought things had just started picking up a bit.
    I do see others on other forums across GW and always get a good feeling seeing them post. This has always been a fun place and informative.
    would also love to have another fall or spring trade but something always seems to happen for me that i can't go.
    I'm going to hang around awhile yet.I like everyone too much to let go.
    vickie

• christie_sw_mo
    17 years ago

Hope you still check in once in a while Ceresone. We need you! Peggy (bigred) has a working computer again so maybe that will give us a little boost. Did you see her post?
    When this forum first started up, some of us mentioned it in other Gardenweb forums when someone from the Ozarks posted and invited them with a link. Maybe we need to do something like that again if enough people are interested. I think people have just gotten tired of checking in to find that nothing new has happened.
    With the hot dry summers that we have here, I feel like the advice I get from other Ozark gardeners is so valuable. I haven't come across another active Ozarks forum anywhere yet and would like to see this one build up again.

• mulberryknob
    17 years ago

Well, I'm new here, JUst found this website and looked forward to chatting and trading with other Ozarks area gardeners--have had a couple successful trades. I'm in Stilwell, OK. Not too far out of Ozarks land. Hope more people post.

• christie_sw_mo
    17 years ago

I think I will send a email to Gldno and see if she might like to join us again. Who else could we check in on? I know Nashoni is still around. I think I will email her too.

• kaye
    17 years ago

It's getting to that time of year for me that I'm checking in more often. Maybe we need to sign a pledge to sign in at certain times. If any of you are looking for a place to see what's going on in my area..Beerhog and Hilda and I just came back from Garvan Woodland Gardens in Hot Springs and here is one example of what is happening there.

{{gwi:1120547}}

I'm going to post a link to my album from the trip and hope others enjoy the scenery as much as we did.

Here is a link that might be useful: Garvan Woodland Garden

• gldno1
    17 years ago

Ceresone, please rethink leaving us. Christie just emailed me and whetted my interest again. I check in often, but had about given up. Surely there are enough of us in the Ozarks to get this thing up and running again.

I promise to be a regular even if nothing is happening.

• christie_sw_mo
    17 years ago

Kaye - Those are beautiful! I'd love to visit there someday. Does it have mostly native plants and wildflowers or is there a little of everything? Glad to see you're still around. I enjoy the photos of your gardens soooo much.

Gldno - I'm glad you're still around too and happy to see you post. : )

• kaye
    17 years ago

Christie, there is a mix of native and introduced plants and trees. The Camellia Trail was beautiful and undergoing some reconstruction as are other areas. There is a long term plan to cover the 210 acres. I'm planning a spring trip..should be spectacular!

• oakleif
    17 years ago

Kaye, i loved your pictures. Where in Hot Springs is Garvin woodland Garden?
    Wondering abt the traffic situation. I don't mind Ft. Smith, i know it pretty well. Drove in Hot Springs once. Could'nt decide if all other drivers had lost it or just me.ha! ha!
    Glad to see you back too. Look forward to seeing you at the Garden Show in Ft Smith next spring.
    vickie

Sponsored
Davidson Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Full-Scale General Contractor