Return to the Ozarks Region Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
07 post!

Posted by ceresone missouri ozarks (My Page) on
Sun, Oct 20, 13 at 11:32

I was reading the Ozarks post, found where I posted in 07!! Still on same farm, widowed now, gardens have migrated closer to the house, and on the deck. how many of our friends are still on here-and gardening? What has changed over the years?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: 07 post!

I miss the tomato reports from you and sweet William.

o

So do I.
Sunny

o

I'm still here Ceresone and always glad when you check in.
Not much has changed with me except I have more weeds now than I used to.

o

I am still here; not posting as frequently though. Blogging and laziness are interfering.

We are still on the farm north west of Springfield. I am still gardening but not as well as a few years ago. I am trying to cut back on the flower beds. The weeds still out grow everything else.

o

As usual, the tomatoes took over everything this year. tried Black from Tula, (I think that was Williams favorite) and I think it was better this year. My Mr Stripey was outstanding, Been a rough year for tomatoes, all the rain and cool weather. Many green ones will freeze this week, sounds like. I had Figs this year too, not many, but enough to know I really like them

o

I've never tried a fig. I'll add that to my list of things to do. I don't think I've ever seen them in the grocery store but maybe at the health food market here.

o

I meant to ask what kind of figs you're growing. I don't think there are many varieties hardy enough for the Ozarks.

o

Christie, I've forgotten the type, it was given me by a friend 10+ years ago. It dies to the ground completely every winter, but comes back bigger each year. It has multiple branches, might , I guess, be called a bush. Its probably 15' tall this year, and always has figs, but this year it's had time to ripen. It came from a nursery in Arkansas, I think.

o

I was on back then, more in the tomato forum. But I remember you!

Cheri

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Ozarks Region Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here