Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
fourseasons_2

Hello Everyone!

fourseasons_2
9 years ago

Well, I've been away for 8 years but am finally back and find I need to start my gardening ways all over again. Always got a lot of great information from the folks on this site and look forward to re-establishing some old friendships and making new ones. Sure is great to be home again!!

Comments (6)

• christie_sw_mo
    9 years ago

I remember you! Glad you're back and I assume living in the Ozarks again ???
    I'm still in the same spot, west of Springfield but with more weeds.

• fourseasons_2
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Hi Christie! Yes, I am back in my place near Pomme de Terre and all I have now are weeds and a ton of redbuds, walnuts and poison ivy..yikes! Had to pull vines off the side of the house. It's good to be back but I do have my work cut out for me. Chiggers are horrible, too! Can't wait for first frost so I can get busy outside without the itch. So great to hear from you again!

• helenh
    9 years ago

We need you badly. There is not much activity here.

I got two concrete things at Sunshine Hill Gifts just off highway 13, on an outer road turning east at farm road 44, 8 miles north of Springfield yesterday. I was going to post about it but all the posts are mine so I am sticking that information in your thread. I got a cat and a fox not too heavy for me to lift. When plants don't grow - buy yard ornaments.

• christie_sw_mo
    9 years ago

I wouldn't mind the redbuds but I've had my fill of picking up walnuts.
    Hope you're not too sensitive to poison ivy. I'm afraid I would be one giant blister if I had to pull it off my house. I have to be very careful. I got some stuff at Walgreen's though called Technu that's a big help. It works really good to wash off the poison ivy oils before it makes you break out. Sometimes I don't know I've gotten into it until I start itching and if I wait to use Techno then, it still helps a LOT. Love the stuff.
    Helen I don't mind you starting new threads. I need to do that more often I guess. Just haven't bought anything new lately. lol

• fourseasons_2
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Hi Helen! I have been to that concrete place just a couple of weeks ago. It's great fun! Was just day dreaming while I was there because I have too much brush to cut down before I can have any fun!
    Christie ~ Afraid that stupid poison ivy is the least of my problems right now...Even though I spray and use high boots, it's the chiggers that are killing me right now. Yikes! But I will look out for the Technu..Thanks!!

• helenh
    9 years ago

I hate poisons and have many pet tadpoles and little frogs, but you can buy a red bottle of Sevin for about $14 that has a hose connection and spray with care avoiding the plants with bees and butterfly caterpillars. Don't spray plants like rue and milkweed. My rue is very ugly completely eaten by caterpillars. You shouldn't have to stay inside for fear of chiggers.

Sponsored
Landscape Management Group
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars28 Reviews
High Quality Landscaping Services in Columbus