Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
beerhog

Gallery

beerhog
18 years ago

Wouldn't it be better if the Ozarks had a gallery like Oklahoma? Still love ya Missouri, Gotta have the lotto tickets, when do we become equal?

Beerhog (lobbing for a gallery)

Comments (17)

• redhotflowermama
    18 years ago

I agree would be very nice. Need to be more upscale here. Judy

• enchantedplace
    18 years ago

Pictures are appreciated. I've explored Kaye's albums many times and have also enjoyed seeing your photo link. Pictures can be cut and pasted onto the thread using services such as Picturetrail which Kaye and I use. The pictures remain unless deleted from the album on the host service. We try to check out the home pages to see if links to photos are provided. I don't use a digital camera. I have an old Canon autofocus so none of the pictures I have shared are very recent. I select pictures from our photo albums to scan and share. This one was taken during a previous fall season but the scene today was identical.
    {{gwi:1121198}}
    When we first began posting on this forum we had a different computer and didn't have a scanner so we've come a long way during the past 3 years. I remember Peggy saying how she wished she could see some of the fall colors. I notice the Oklahoma Gallery hasn't been used for several weeks. I usually find it easier to post the pictures directly onto the current thread but it is nice to be able to go to a Gallery if one only wishes to view the photos. EP

• enchantedplace
    18 years ago

I can also go to my Picturetrail home page and cut and paste the link to a chosen album.

Here is a link that might be useful: fall album

• enchantedplace
    18 years ago

Have also learned to copy information from the forum to past on my documents file, such as the information for propagating magnolias. Highlight the desired information and click copy. Bring up documents file and click paste. The information appears on the documents program and can be saved. I have learned all of these procedures from forum uses on some of the other forums. EP

• kaye
    18 years ago

EP, that's a gorgeous capture of the fall colors! I was thinking on my way to work this morning I need to get some shots of the glorious colors showing up on the mountains.

I think a gallery would be nice, too. That way everyone would know there is a photo or link in the thread and not be surprised if they have dial-up connections.

• enchantedplace
    18 years ago

Yes..Kaye.. did I tell you I began using GW because my niece told me about your photos and the Ozark forum? Some of us have been communicating here almost as long as there has been an Ozark forum. Sometimes some of us, including myself, take breaks but it is nice to be able to come back and see familiar names. Maybe we are long overdue for a gallery. Maybe if Beerhog would go to Suggestions and Comments and we all back him up it would become a reality. EP

• kaye
    18 years ago

Since we don't have a gallery YET..here are some current pictures from my garden. Last of the flowers for the year..unless the hard freeze delays longer. Only a few light frosts so far. Link below the picture..sorry, don't have any of Bigfoot!

{{gwi:1121199}}

Here is a link that might be useful: The rest of October's pictures

• wish2okc
    18 years ago

Always love seeing the pics of your yard, Kaye. It looks like such a beautiful place. Are your brugs and nanas planted in the ground? Do you winter them over in the ground? Any special treatment?

• kaye
    18 years ago

We dig the nanas..mostly. Some are left and what comes back, comes back..sometimes. The same with the brugs..some are potted and overwinter in the greenhouse, some are in the ground and so far, so good for a couple of years. Oh, I do have a Chinese Yellow Banana that stays in the ground every year. Supposed to be hardy to Zone 6. And just got a Musa Bajoo this year to try leaving out. All the ones left out get extra mulch.

• bigred
    18 years ago

ACK! Kaye your yard is so beautiful. Mine's in such an up-heaval(sp?). Always running behind but now I'll got the one foundation planting half-way yanked out and another bed to completely move('bout 50-60ft.long)and only a few short months to get it back in order before it's time for annual garden swap again.

Where was the beautiful fall picture taken EP?

I went out early yesterday morning ,still kinda misty with sun just peaking out thru partly cloudy skies and it looked like the trees were on fire....shades of scarlet,oranges and yellows as the sasafrass,sumac,virginia creeper and others are turning. Heck,even the poision ivy is sporting scarlet leaves ...and a buttload of seeds to drop and sprout.

PP

• enchantedplace
    18 years ago

My photo is along the creek at Spavinaw State Park. This has been a glorious week for tree color throughout the hills. EP

• enchantedplace
    18 years ago

My pictures have been poor quality this year with light and focus but I put some on the Oklahoma Gallery as reinforcment of a post on the discussions side. Kaye, I have spent a lot of time admiring your pictures and I have seen some of the events at Peggy's and other events posted by others in the past. Hoping to see more from everyone. How about it, Beerhog? EP

• bigred
    18 years ago

Ep,
    I'm still smoozzin'the ole santa man for that combo printer/scanner/copier/fax machine for xmas. Santa man says,I haven't been that good of a girl this passed year and I should expect a bundle of switches and bag of coal.

I've been practicing with the new camera and I really need to learn/remember to adjust lens for low light pix. I took a cute pix of my "Gnome Home" but forgot to adjust lens. My friend says it looks great to her. Has a early morning misty woodland look.

HEY! Here's an idea.....afore mentioned friend just got a whole new computer and assessories. I can take pix to her and her post them. Yes?

PP

• enchantedplace
    18 years ago

Peggy, to post pictures you need some way to put them on the computer such as digital camera or scanner. You have to use an online photo service to store pictures online. Kaye and I use PictureTrail. There is a charge. There are many sevices available. You can make your photo link available on your GW personal page as well as being able to post on the galleries and threads. I've observed that some of the galleries have not been very active recently. Being able to post pictures and seeing others contributions is part of the fun of communication of gardening. EP

• ceresone
    18 years ago

On snapfish, there isnt a charge. and, i have the digital camera (love it!)but--how do i get the pic's on here? i can add to e-mail, etc, so i know there's a way, just dont know how.

• numama
    18 years ago

ceresone,
    I use photobucket.com A FREE SERVICE. I upload the pictures I want. After you get the message the your photos uploaded successfully you will see your photo with three lines underneath it. Copy the Tag line and paste it into your post as part of your message. Here is a flower I posted today in the Iris Forum because it is blooming for me right now. Good luck!
    Nancy U
    {{gwi:1040298}}

• oakleif
    17 years ago

Hi, Memories from last fall. Some beautiful pictures. I can't post pictures but my DD is working on fixing her puter up to do it so plan to then.
    vickie

Sponsored
Landscape Management Group
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars27 Reviews
High Quality Landscaping Services in Columbus