Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lacledemg

Great pond netting for you ponders

lacledemg
13 years ago

I just posted this on the pond forum but thought some of my Ozark ponding friends might be interested too.

We enlarged our koi/goldfish pond this summer so the old net wasn't big enough for the expanded pond and waterfall. We just netted our pond today and I thought I would let everyone know where we got the net as it was certainly worth the money. We purchased the Dalen Pond Netting sold by Amazon.com. We needed the large size 28-Feet by 28-Feet with 3/8-Inch Mesh. The price was very reasonable at only $30.24 - and qualified for free shipping. I think it will be substantial enough for more than just this year.

We used the suggestion of someone on the forum to pound re-bar into the ground then top the re-bar with a tennis ball. We secured the netting to the re-bar just below the tennis ball with a zip tie. We put rocks along the bottom to keep the leaves from blowing under the net. This size was perfect for our 2000 gallon pond and waterfall.

Now we're ready for all those leaves! Good luck with all your ponds this fall and winter!

Comments (8)

• lacledemg
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Guess there aren't as many ponders here as I thought.

• christie_sw_mo
    13 years ago

Thanks for posting though. I'm a wish-I-had-a-ponder. sigh

Have you ever posted photos of your pond and waterfall?

• lacledemg
    Original Author
    13 years ago

No, I have never posted photos. Not sure how to post them.
    I have a lot of good photos but I will if I ever figure out an easy way to do it. :)

• christie_sw_mo
    13 years ago

Are your photos already on your computer? We might be able to talk you through it. I use Photobucket but I don't know if that's the simplest. Someone on another forum mentioned that Imageshack was easy.
    I'm trying it:

HTML Thumbnail
    {{gwi:1121252}}

Well I figured it out so it must be relatively easy. You can click on the photo to enlarge it.
    It didn't make me register or sign up for anything and it's free. I just went to Imageshack.US then clicked on "Browse" in the little gray box, found a photo on my computer and selected it by clicking the photo once, then clicked on "open" on the bottom right. It will go back to Imageshack and you click "Upload now". It will take it a little while to upload, then it shows a thumbnail of your photo with addresses below it. You can copy and paste the last one (HTML Thumbnail) into your message on Gardenweb, then when you preview your message, you will see your photo. If it worked, you can submit your message.

Note: It says to sign up if you want to be able to delete your messages. You might not want to put any family photos on there just yet.

If I left something out, just ask. Do you know how to copy and paste?

• lacledemg
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Well this seems relatively simple. I'm giving it a try.

{{gwi:1121253}}

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
    Wow it worked! Thanks so very much. I printed off the directions so I can do it again, and again, and again! :)

Again thanks so much. Now I can post photos in the winter of my birds and squirrels in the snow, if we have any!

• christie_sw_mo
    13 years ago

Lovely! I like rock waterfalls even more than ponds.
    I'm glad you took the time to figure out how to post the photos.

"IF" we have any. That's positive thinking.

• rmactavy
    13 years ago

Loved looking at your pictures of the beautiful pond! There's probably more 'ponders' here than you might think. I'm a newbie ponder myself. I get selfish and lazy and read all the posts without responding. I'll try and do better. :-)

• helenh
    13 years ago

Your pond is beautiful. I would like the sound of the waterfall. My pond is small and doesn't have electricity except if I use an extension cord. I think that is a cheap price for netting but I have never used netting. Thanks for the tip.