Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jspeachyn5

Can't decide if I have completely lost it,

jspeachyn5
15 years ago

I have been so busy racking soil and trying to get that all level, I haven't had much time for anything else.

I keep watching the trees for the leaves to fall. I really want to try to use as much of the leaves as I can this year, before the blow away.

So any way...

I have this space between the raised bed by the drive and the sidewalk.

Leaves gather in that spot. I keep stopping to p/u the few that are there.

I told my daughter who was asking me "what in the word are you doing)?

Well I'm putting these leaves in my flower bed.

Well mom, why don't you wait a week or two and you can have all the leaves you want.

Well daughter, I can't wait. I don't want to waste them. lol.

Ok mom, I think the spider bite has gotten to your head.

Well, how many of you are still waiting on your leaves to fall?

Am I the only one who is impatient ?

Comments (6)

• bunny6
    15 years ago

Bonnie-you haven't lost it. I raked my yard today and it had only a couple of piles of leaves. I chopped them up with the mower and put them in the compost pile. When the annuals die, I will start putting them into the flower beds:)
    Ann

• gldno1
    15 years ago

I never rake! I do mow the leaves toward various flower beds to help mulch them.

I just wait for my city relatives to rake their leaves and put them in large trash bags and I pick them up.....some of their trees were lost to the ice storm though so I may be short this year.

I told my husband I might resort to stopping at people's houses and asking if I could take the leaves off their hands....he was thoroughly embarrassed by that idea!

• ceresone
    15 years ago

Oh Yes, if you've lost it, I have too(come to think of it, I probably lost it years ago) It just seems the leaves wont fall! most of my oaks are still green, and I noticed the sugar maples are just starting to turn.
    I use the sweeper behind the tractor to gather mine, I have to finish filling the chicken house today--I got the bright idea the hens could make compost too! The main bunch of leaves will be shredded, and into MY compost pile.Now--if they will just fall, before it snows.

• kaye
    15 years ago

Put a lot of plants in our little greenhouse today..supposed to get below 29 here before morning. Whatever I cut off to make the plants more manageable in a small space goes on what's left in the ground. Leaves are just starting to fall here..where they land they stay. Pine needles make such a good mulch for winter that I do move some where I need them. Living in town (my folks do) is so different. All the leaves are picked up in baggers and disposed of. I go get what I can when they are bagged and add to the beds here where needed. Not enough leaves to go around so I import them.. and we have lots of trees.

• helenh
    15 years ago

I do stop at people's houses and ask for their bagged leaves; in summer it is grass that I ask for. I can wait for them though. I am not looking forward to winter.

• christie_sw_mo
    15 years ago

Bonnie - You sound normal to me. : ) Some people have too many leaves. I don't have enough in my yard. We volunteered to rake leaves under some sycamores one year at a park. They were glad to let us keep them. We dumped the bags and then mowed over them.

Sponsored
Yellowlite
Average rating: 4.6 out of 5 stars7 Reviews
Chicago's Leading Clean Energy & Solar Panel Provider