Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sweetwm007

i knew this would happen

sweetwm007
15 years ago

my loppers[sp] were not big enough. had to use the sawzall.

william

Comments (8)

• helenh
    15 years ago

I know that story; men and their gagets.

• christie_sw_mo
    15 years ago

I didn't realize okra got that big around. How big of limbs can you cut with a sawzall? It seems like it would be easier to use than a chainsaw especially for a pansy woman like me. I bought some heavy duty fiskars loppers two or three years ago that I LOVE. They cut up to two inches and are geared so you don't have to apply as much pressure. I have a little hand saw for larger limbs but I hate using that.

If you don't have good loppers, this would be a great Father's Day present (or Mother's Day). Wal-Mart carries them in the summer for around $30 but they're worth it. Only the biggest one that cuts up to two inches have the 3X gears.

Here is a link that might be useful: Fiskars

• jspeachyn5
    15 years ago

William I don't think I have ever seen okra that big around before either.
    What is a sawzall? I will have to look that up.
    Christie, you sound like me.
    I have a pair of pruners I use a lot. But sure make my hands sore. I can't use the hand saw very much, just plain don't work w/my hands and wrist.
    I think I should show this post to my children for christmas.
    I so don't like getting slippers and bathrobes for christmas. Would rather have gloves or tools or ...? any thing to to w/gardening!!! Oh well, smile and hang one more robe in the back of hall closet :-)

• helenh
    15 years ago

Christie, you can demolish a house with a sawzall. My experience has been plaster and lath and dust flying. I think they will cut through nails or fingers. They vibrate and make lots of noise. I never thought of one as a gardening tool. Maybe I should reconsider that.

• jspeachyn5
    15 years ago

Oh my, I just looked that saw up.
    All I can say is wow. That could be quite useful. That needs to go on my I want one someday list.
    Bonnie

• sweetwm007
    Original Author
    15 years ago

i have a portable saw that is very handy from pruning trees to cutting plastic drain pipes. they have different blades so you can cut anything. the biggest tree limb i have cut was about 6 inches od. they are a good and versatile tool and no extension cords.

william

• bunny6
    15 years ago

The okra is huge. I wonder how big the root system is. I would have to chop that up very fine to put into the compost pile. I have seen the saw on Home and Garden channel, but I never knew the name. It would come in handy around my house.

• helenh
    15 years ago

Have you seen the Black and Decker power loppers at Lowe's? I would like to see a comsumer report on that.