Return to the Ozarks Region Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Does Anyone Beleive In The Tenn. Bell Witch?

Posted by oakleif z6 AR (My Page) on
Fri, Oct 20, 06 at 23:59

I have a firm beleif in her. Last year my DD and i went to the Bell Witch cave near Clarksville, Tenn. I'm a notorious pebble thief. We were told not to take a rock because people had sent them back, due to being haunted by the Bell Witch. DD did'nt even look at me and said" mother DROP the rock." After 2 more demands ,i dropped the rock,but i had found a little rock that looked just like the shape of a witch so-o-o i stood it up on a shelf sticking out in the cave. We left and drove on through Tenn. and when we got to rest area right on the Tenn. NC. Line and stopped. When we started to get into the car. A limb on the tree above us loudly cracked and bent down. The sky was clear.No breeze. New leaves on the limb.not withered.We were scared to death And drove across the Tenn line in a hurry.
I than told DD abt putting the witch shaped rock on the ledge. She swore never to take me anywhere again. She did of course. I was a believer in the Bell witch.
vickie

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Does Anyone Beleive In The Tenn. Bell Witch?

I'm very skeptical Vickie but you made me curious. I found quite a bit when I googled "Bell Witch" and the story is very interesting. Sounds like it would make a good movie. I don't like to watch that kind of movie though. lol
I have to admit, I probably would've gotten spooked too whether I believed in her or not. After reading the stories, I wouldn't want to visit there. Good reading for Halloween.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Ozarks Region Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here