Return to the Ozarks Region Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
fall color today

Posted by swmogardens (My Page) on
Mon, Nov 23, 09 at 10:55

Here's a photo I took today. This little Japanese maple is under a mature hedge tree. By the way, check out my post on the hosta forum titled "this just in"
Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: fall color today

I went to Grove's Lendenwood Garden last weekend because of your pictures but their maples are past the brilliant stage. Winter will be here soon so we need to enjoy this weather. I bought a hydrangea cheap last weekend just because of the pink leaf color and a lamium because Glenda made me.

o

Helen, what variety did you get?

I think I have three different ones.

The leaves are almost gone from everything here.

o

Lamium muculatum Orchid Frost. It is a small plant. My red leaves mostly fell off too. Petunias are still blooming. No wonder I have trouble with them in summer; they like this cool weather. I had trouble finding supertunia bubblegum pink last spring. I wonder if I should try to carry it over in the house. That gets old when you have too many ratty plants in the house just trying to get them through the winter. The hibiscus is taking up too much room in my hall.

o

Great photo! I don't think any of my hostas still have leaves. My yard must have gotten a bit colder than yours.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Ozarks Region Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here