Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
christie_sw_mo

130 days 'til spring

christie_sw_mo
15 years ago

Do you think it will it make it go faster or slower to count down the days? lol

Where are those plant and seed catalogs! I think they come later every year. lol The only one I've gotten so far is Thompson and Morgan. I enjoy browsing through that one but I don't usually order from them. I want to order some seeds from Baker Creek but haven't gotten that one yet.

Anyone else craving spring already?

Comments (9)

• helenh
    15 years ago

Christie this is still fall. You need to dig up a new bed or make a bent wood trellis or something in this cool weather. It is too early to start counting. I have already ordered seeds so what will I do in January? I can take the cool sunny days like yesterday, but I hate the dreary days. I need sun.

• gldno1
    15 years ago

christie, I haven't even begun to enjoy my "do nothing" days yet!

You need to start a new lasagna bed that will be all ready to plant next spring. The leaves are a waitin'.

• jspeachyn5
    15 years ago

Oh christie,
    Too early to count down, or maybe just too many days till spring. lol
    The only seed catalogs I have gotten so far are the J.L. Hudson. I like the way some of the items are listed. Reference.
    The Kitazawa seed co.
    I was thinking of trying so of the short season vegetables. A mellon in there caught my eye.
    The Seed Savers 2008, they are to send me a new one later. great photos to go with the list. Again reference.
    So I guess we have a ways to go.
    I do enjoy my sun.
    Today yuck, cold dark.
    Too cold for me to be outside. My hands hurt just being indoors looking out.
    I am getting some of my winter sowing things ready. Helps pass the time.

Bonnie

• bunny6
    15 years ago

Christie-I am counting the days until spring, too. Once I have the leaves tucked into the compost pile and on the gardens for mulch, I have nothing left to do.

I have only gotten 2 catelogs and I signed up for seveal. I have order seeds and rose and it is only Nov.. Now I have to find a winter hobby. Last year I made Christmas ornaments. Now I need to find a new one for this year.

I agree with Helen and Bonnie I can do without these dreary days.
    Have a good day!
    Ann

• caroline_2008
    15 years ago

Christie, the Baker Creek catalogs are not mailed
    until December this year. :)

Caroline

• gldno1
    15 years ago

bunny, learn to knit or crochet. It took me all winter to make an afghan and now it may take me all this winter to put it together.

• ceresone
    15 years ago

My leaves havent all fallen yet! mowed and shredded, and swept at my SIL's place and filled his compost bin yesterday. Looks like it will be week after next when I start on mine, probably.
    My planning for spring depend on how much "disposable" income is left. I still need about 1,500 cement blocks.and no, I'm not crazy, this is my outlet--the garden.
    I'm ordering onion plants next week, Christie, and going over the seed catalogs from this spring. I think I could plant for several years and not order--but there's always something I just have to try. For instance, in a week or two, I'm going to start a salad garden, inside, under lights. I know some of you have done this before, but a first for me.
    In the meantime, I love dreary winter days--my time for recuperating, and setting by the fireplace with a good mystery novel.

• christie_sw_mo
    Original Author
    15 years ago

The forecast for today isn't very pleasant but the rest of the week looks a little better and then a cold weekend. brrr
    I've been working on my Christmas list for everyone and I'm determined to get my shopping done early this year so I won't have to fight the crowds and weather in mid December like I usually do.

I have some seeds set aside for winter sowing too Bonnie. I haven't been saving containers though. I can always use milk jugs but I like using containers with clear lids better so I can see what's going on. I'm completely out of potting soil and need to put that on my Walmart list.

• jspeachyn5
    15 years ago

Christie
    This will be my second year to ws.
    I just used what soil I had on hand last year, because it was a last minute I want to do it now thing.
    This year I plan on doing a much better job. I am hoping I have every thing I need.
    But I'm sure I will change my mind again.
    I can hardly wait. I think this my be the perfect thing to keep that I have something growing feeling ; )