Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
murrell_gw

Missourian's Location # 2

murrell
14 years ago

Thought I would repost !

Seems like my orignal Missourian's Location has reached the limit 150 postings/location and will no longer accept new postings.

This Missourian's Locations was started 1-31-03 appears that a lot of the oldies including me don't post much any more.

Any one remember the swaps at Marshfield,Plato,Seymur ?

Murrell

Rolla, Mo.

Comments (6)

• christie_sw_mo
    14 years ago

It's nice to hear from you Murrell. : ) I went to the Marshfield swap but not the others. Talking to each other on this forum, it feels like we're neighbors, but it's a long drive for some of us if we all try to get together.

There's another thread called "Ozarker's Locations" that's several pages down. There used to be one for Arkansas that filled up and scrolled off the bottom a long time ago. If we're going to start a new one for Missouri, we need one for Arkanas too. Where are you?

I live on 10 acres, mostly hay, a few miles west of Springfield.

• murrell
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Mary and I are still here on 5 acres a mile North of Rolla.
    I wish I could remember all the names of those from back in 2003-04.
    Do you recall the name of the young lady from Springfield who was a Master Gardner and was at Marshfield Swap I believe she was vietmieze (sp> I still have some leeks growing from her swap, also I got a African Milk plant stalk from " Cat " I believe was her name from up around Dixon Mo. that thing is over 4 ft tall and is beatiful till I have to move it in and out of the house each spring & fall.

Well enough of memories, I sure don't remember all the adds on these pages !
    Too all have a Good Day and Best of Health
    Murrell
    Rolla Mo.
    I still have quite a few flowers but age does it's thing !

• gldno1
    14 years ago

Hello, Murrell, glad to see you back!

Could you mean Violet. I know she lives in Springfield.

We are still on the farm northwest of Willard.

glenda

• ceresone
    14 years ago

And, We're still on a farm outside Willow Springs.
    The swaps you mentioned are just too far for us to drive. Wish there were a few local.
    And what do you mean, old? LOL--I'm still going strong, matter of fact have fence to build this week. (nevermind that this one will be the easy way, using cattle panels)

• ladycraft
    14 years ago

I'm kind of in the dark on this. I am assuming you did a plant swap. Sounds like fun. I'm in the Branson area.

Kathy

• murrell
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Glenda;
    you are correct Violet was who I was thinking of, she sure knew plants.

Ladycraft;
    We had several plants swaps in 2003/4 About 20-25 or so people and their families brought many plants a few seeds and a covered dish.

Every one had a fun afternoon, met a lot of gardening people, plus a great meal.

If you ever get the opertunity be sure to attend one

Murrell

Sponsored
Closet America
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars133 Reviews
Northern Virginia, Baltimore & DC Metro's Closet Organization Company