Return to the Ozarks Region Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
If the weather station is right

Posted by jspeachyn5 6 SW MO. (My Page) on
Mon, Nov 16, 09 at 11:56

Well, I guess I will have to go out an dig up the things I want in the house today at lunch time.
Because they say we have a chance of snow the next few days. Not suppose to be bad from what I have heard. How ever we all know that can change around here quickly. So I better not put it off any longer.
Burr
Bonnie

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: If the weather station is right

What are you going to dig up? I had frost weeks ago but Joplin is warmer. I have been getting bags and bags of leaves to put over things. Snow insulates; it is cold that gets you. I do remember getting out of school Nov. 20 something one year. Usually Nov. snow doesn't last long.

o

Helen I did put a lot of leaves around most. But I have to dig my palm trees an begonias an a few other things like that.
I'm not looking forward to all this cold weather.
Bonnie

o

It certainly feels cold enough to snow but I haven't spotted any. Just a very cold drizzle here.

I was looking at my annual vinca that I put in containers and I wonder if those would live through the winter if I put them in my garage or basement. I know vinca is very frost sensitive.

If you can wait one more day to dig Bonnie, Thursday is supposed to be 57. That will feel toasty compared to the last couple days. It's supposed to get down to 35 tonight according to the NOAA forecast. Can palm trees take some frost?

o

I dug them up on Tue.
Plan on potting them up tonight.
Then have to be wrapped an use Christmas tree lights on them to be out doors year round. But They are just first years growth so I didn't want to take a chance this year. Next year I plan on using the lights and wrapping an putting a mini green house type thing around them.
I am going to cut down my castor bean plants when it warms up. They are still going. Crazy they normally go down early.
No snow here yet either. But a light frost on Tue a.m.
Bonnie

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Ozarks Region Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here