photo link to go with large leaves post

ladycraft
14 years ago

Hopefully this will work. Thanks again for asking. Kathy

Here is a link that might be useful: Kathy's hypertufa

Comments (8)

• helenh
    14 years ago

You have been busy. How fun. I like the faces. You can copy things from magazines. I tried one or two projects and enjoyed them very much.

• christie_sw_mo
    14 years ago

Thanks for sharing your photos Kathy. I've never tried hypertufa. Looks addictive!

• gldno1
    14 years ago

Kathy, you are a very creative gal! I made two sort of oblong trough-type planters. DH drove over one!

How do you do the faces? I really like them.

• ladycraft
    Original Author
    14 years ago

I use alot of others ideas and make my own. I was hooked when I started. DH have a way of doing things like that. I had a leaf that mine hit. Thought it was way off the side but I thought wrong. Of course it was one of the nicest.

I started using one of those plastic masks from the craft store. But I have since made some molds from those masks you hang on the wall. I call them Mardi Grais masks.

Email me if you want more information. But be sure make it clear in the subject. My email seems to be messed up and I either don't get alot or they get deleted. Thanks Kathy

• helenh
    14 years ago

Does the mask press on top of the concrete or is the concrete layered over the mask. Can you use the mask again? I have a metal face, but I would not want her to be ruined.

• ladycraft
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Helen, I taped over the eye places and put the mask in a pan of sand to stabilize it. Then I lightly sprayed cooking oil (Pam or similar) on the inside. Add the turfa on that. Then I pop it out and use again. I would be afraid to do anything with the metal face. You would have to make a mold. I have made some pop of molds with pretty good success. My fear is that I can't get the mold off. Kathy

• helenh
    14 years ago

Thanks. I guess this is a next spring thing to think about because of the weather. I don't get past the thinking about it stage on lots of projects.

• ekoboat
    14 years ago

Beautifully done!