photo link to go with large leaves post

Posted by ladycraft 6b MO (jsks53@suddenlink.net) on
Tue, Nov 10, 09 at 18:01

Hopefully this will work. Thanks again for asking. Kathy

Here is a link that might be useful: Kathy's hypertufa

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: photo link to go with large leaves post

You have been busy. How fun. I like the faces. You can copy things from magazines. I tried one or two projects and enjoyed them very much.

o

Thanks for sharing your photos Kathy. I've never tried hypertufa. Looks addictive!

o

Kathy, you are a very creative gal! I made two sort of oblong trough-type planters. DH drove over one!

How do you do the faces? I really like them.

o

I use alot of others ideas and make my own. I was hooked when I started. DH have a way of doing things like that. I had a leaf that mine hit. Thought it was way off the side but I thought wrong. Of course it was one of the nicest.

I started using one of those plastic masks from the craft store. But I have since made some molds from those masks you hang on the wall. I call them Mardi Grais masks.

Email me if you want more information. But be sure make it clear in the subject. My email seems to be messed up and I either don't get alot or they get deleted. Thanks Kathy

o

Does the mask press on top of the concrete or is the concrete layered over the mask. Can you use the mask again? I have a metal face, but I would not want her to be ruined.
Photobucket

o

Helen, I taped over the eye places and put the mask in a pan of sand to stabilize it. Then I lightly sprayed cooking oil (Pam or similar) on the inside. Add the turfa on that. Then I pop it out and use again. I would be afraid to do anything with the metal face. You would have to make a mold. I have made some pop of molds with pretty good success. My fear is that I can't get the mold off. Kathy

o

Thanks. I guess this is a next spring thing to think about because of the weather. I don't get past the thinking about it stage on lots of projects.

o

• Posted by ekoboat z6b MO Sunset z35 (My Page) on
    Wed, Nov 18, 09 at 21:43

Beautifully done!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Ozarks Region Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here