Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
helenh_gw

Neosho Tree Service

helenh
12 years ago

came today

I am not sad to see the tree go; it was too close to the house. My air conditioning electric bill will be higher I'm sure.

Comments (13)

• gldno1
    12 years ago

Good pictures! Are you just limbing it or will it come completely down?

• helenh
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Completely out of here. I have a tempting big pile of pretty brown wood chips but walnut kills other plants so I'd better not use them near plants. I am sure I will figure out a place to put them.

• christie_sw_mo
    12 years ago

Sad to see a tree go but it's more important that it won't be laying on your house someday.
    I'm pretty sure you could use the woodchips around hostas if you happen to need any there.

• NancyPlants
    12 years ago

I'm sure you'll rest easier during storms with the tree gone.
    Something in me always feels bad when a tree comes down...but of course, safety is the most important.

Are you going to plant a smaller tree in the area?

• gldno1
    12 years ago

Good; I hate to see them left bobbed like that. When we had our trees trimmed recently; I stood out and told him how I wanted it done!

• helenh
    Original Author
    12 years ago

They are very nice people so I had them take out some more walnuts. I never sold logs before, but I had a good experience with them when I had the yard tree removed.

• helenh
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Sorry I tried to get the pictures in one post but don't seem to be able to find where they went. It was a beautiful day to watch men work.

• NancyPlants
    12 years ago

Looks like you have some nice woods on you property. I used to love tramping through the woods when my family had a farm.
    When I clicked on one of your pictures your whole album came up and I really enjoyed viewing it :)
    I especially enjoyed:

beautiful dafodils!

Honey is just adorable...'dog in a pot'

dragonfly nymphs and emerging

froglets

your reif red heart tomato in 2010 is much larger than the ones I grew last year. Hoping for better success this year.

amazing coleus!

'begonia saved over winter on window sill' 6-19-2010 is wonderful. Very eye catching.

pretty, pretty, pretty violas

spanky & puffy

what is the orange shrub in front of the bard in pic #361? Its very striking

purple/ dk red chard in pot with yellow flowers. Also the pinkish stemmed chard. Last year was my first time growing chard. I'd never even eaten it before. Now I love it! Pretty enough to be in a pot of flowers :)

all the work it took to haul the rocks into your garden!

exbury azaleas are georgous

red tulips with blue hyacinths-pretty combo

pic #543 the black snake looks kind of crooked somehow.

the slug on the kitty food dish is huge and kind of pretty if it wasnt so gross

oh my goodness. a copperhead in a tree! how frightening!!
    I think that would really deter my gardening. Is that close to your home?

I promise I'm not a stalker. I felt a bit like a peeking tom looking at all your pics without your permission.
    I hope you dont mind. They made for a lovely evening :)

• gldno1
    12 years ago

Helen, I enjoyed these pictures. It reminded me of when we had our walnut trees harvested. Looks like you had some really nice logs.

• helenh
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Nancy I am glad you enjoyed the album. I don't put any private pictures on there. You went way back if you saw the copperhead. It is what made me learn how to put pictures on the forum. Someone thought the snake I was describing might be something harmless. It was in a yew about 2 feet up right next to my house. It changed my backing up habits on the lawn mower. I stay away from the yew branches. The orange shrub by the barn is the exbury azalea. It blooms every spring and I probably take pictures of it every spring. Those pictures go back several years. I looked at them recently to try to figure out where my bulbs are in the spring. I keep digging into bulbs when I try to plant my new bulbs.

Glenda I enjoyed being in the woods with no ticks or snakes. A warm day in the winter is a good time to walk in the woods if there are no hunters.

• christie_sw_mo
    12 years ago

Those are big logs Helen! Are you going to buy yourself a treat with the money you made?
    I get tired of picking up walnuts and we only have a couple trees that are big enough to produce a lot of nuts. Neither of the trees have a nice straight trunk for wood. Maybe we should've planted a bunch of walnut trees when we bought this property 20+ years ago. They'd be getting pretty big by now.

• helenh
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Christie 20 years ago you should have bought Apple stock. I think waiting for walnut trees to grow would take a lifetime. It is a good thing for kids to do though. I never would sell the logs before because I didn't trust the loggers. Most trees have a branch or flaw. They want a tall trunk with no branches for at least 8 or 10 feet. It all adds up though. My hills are covered in oak trees so I still have lots of trees but not as many walnuts.

• helenh
    Original Author
    12 years ago

They made a ditch to divert water away from the barn when it rains 9 inches. They do all sorts of jobs and are reliable people. I know they work in Joplin and around the area. I cannot say enough good about them.