Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
helenh_gw

New dog

helenh
13 years ago

I came home to find a new dog in my yard. I am afraid someone dropped him off. He is not a good dog, but is too cute. He has already jumped in my little pond twice and chased the cat.

Comments (18)

• peggiewho
    13 years ago

Let us be the judge of 'too cute'. How about a picture?

• gldno1
    13 years ago

Helen, I think most of our pets came from dropped or dropped somewhere else and they brought it to us because my husband is such a soft touch for animals.

We now have 4 extra cats because someone dropped the soon to be pregnant female cat here. I opened the door yesterday and on zipped past me into the house....That made it 4 cats too many. We just bought 32 lbs. of cat food .... again.

People who live in the country are targets!

• helenh
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Annie doesn't like him and neither does Blackie. The cats are not too afraid. I yell every time he goes after them and he stops. Beau knows he isn't supposed to bite him when he eats their dog food. I wish someone would claim him. I don't mind having another dog except it makes it hard to go on vacation or be away. At this point I am thinking he is not my dog and will have to take his chances and stay away from the road. He has a sore spot under his leg where I cut out a bunch of cockle burs. I am already checking that so pretty soon I will be worried that something will happen to him if I leave him.

• christie_sw_mo
    13 years ago

You named him too didn't you Helen. lol
    He has such a sweet face. Maybe you will get lucky and find an owner but that doesn't seem to happen very often.
    How big is he?

• sunnyside1
    13 years ago

He's a sweetie. I'm vicariously enjoying everyone's multiple dogs and cats. Sooner or later they will all accept the New Dog and life will be smoother. I wish I could take him.
    Sunny

• mosswitch
    13 years ago

Probably not this dog, but the picture posted kind of looks like him. It was posted on facebook this morning.

Someone decided to take/borrow my babies dog today from 18th and bird in Joplin. He belonged to my deceased mother and is family. I am offering a large reward if you can bring him to me or give any info that leads to me getting the dog back. He is small and white and has a fresh haircut and he answers to the name of ...BOOGIE. Please help by posting this on your FB page. 417-768-0666

• peggiewho
    13 years ago

He looks like a carpet eating dog I use to know named Hershel, H2, only he's a blond. He also looks like a tic magnet! Dogs are expensive and a lot of trouble but life is lonely without friends. You are right he is too cute. You can worry about him but it won't keep him off the road. Every dog you have is a throw-away and better off even if you leave for a week and only leave an automatic feeder for them. He sounds like your most cooperative dog. Some one may yet claim him.
    A couple of years ago my DH went to a lot of trouble to find the owner of a very large dog that came to our door. The dog had a collar with a phone number that didn't work. He drove a few miles to find the owner. He came and the huge dog gave a little hop after being reunited. The huge dog was loaded in the cab of the little truck. DH and the man were at the end of the drive, DH shaking his head as the man offer money again. Finally the man unexpectedly stepped over and hugged DH. It was a very rewarding experience for us, dog and people.

• christie_sw_mo
    13 years ago

Any luck finding an owner Helen? I wonder if he might have followed some children on Halloween night and then couldn't find his way home.

• helenh
    Original Author
    13 years ago

No I had a sign by my mailbox but I took it down because of the wind. I will make a stronger one. I put a too big collar and leash on him to see if he might a be trained dog. He jumped around like my dogs that never wear a leash except to go to the Vet. I don't think he has ever been tied up and there is no sign of a collar mark on his neck. Beau is playing with him. Beau is my youngest dog and he has a gray muzzle. My shoes have been taken from the porch and he has a milk jug for a toy poor thing. He is chewing deer bones with the boys. His legs are short and when he runs and plays you want to laugh. Puffy stood up to him but Spanky runs. My sour puss animals don't want to play.

• gldno1
    13 years ago

Well, you might as well give him a name, Helen.

I see the signs....he has found a new home.

glenda

• helenh
    Original Author
    13 years ago

His name is Honey.

• peggiewho
    13 years ago

Wa Whooo⦠Honey is home. Christie was right a few days ago but Helen has just admitted naming him.
    "You named him too didn't you Helen. lol "
    I always love it when the under dog wins! pw

• christie_sw_mo
    13 years ago

I like his name. It suits him well with his honey colored fur.
    So far, we haven't regretted taking in the strays that we have had. I think somehow they must know how lucky they are and they're the ones that turn out to have the best personalities. The stray kitten we kept likes to play in water. He puts his paw in his water dish and flips water out over and over. He also picks things up off the floor and drops them in the toilet on purpose. Isn't that a great trick. lol We've been keeping the lid shut on the toilet since we figured out what was going on.

It's hard to understand how people can be so heartless and irresponsible and just "throw away" animals as Peggie said. I'm glad Honey happened to find you Helen and I hope he brings you many smiles.

• teeandcee
    13 years ago

He's a real cutie. I don't think I've ever picked out my own animals. They always seem to find me. I seem to be a walking animal rescue. My mom and I just rescued a kitten on the side of a super busy highway last week.

People truly are heartless but thankfully there are people like us who are responsible and care.

• helenh
    Original Author
    13 years ago

• christie_sw_mo
    13 years ago

Does he get a guilty look on his face when he's caught Helen? He looks like he's ducking his head a little bit in the first picture. It's hard to get mad at them when they show such human-like expressions.

• helenh
    Original Author
    13 years ago

I don't yell at him unless he is up by the road or he has my cell phone. He doesn't know he is doing anything wrong. If he looks sort of guilty, it is suspicion of the camera and me trying to get a picture.

• missfourseasons
    13 years ago

I love him! You are a good person to give him a home ... such a cutie!

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, OH