Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
missfourseasons

Speaking of Trouble ...

missfourseasons
15 years ago

... here is the little monster at 4 months old. He's now 6 months and not a whole lot smarter :) Can you tell how much I have become obsessed by him? He's larger than life and in my face constantly! I just love him..... Has chewed on my plants, but not yet begun to pee on them...Good boy!!

Comments (22)

• christie_sw_mo
    15 years ago

um....there's something on his nose. lol Does he dig? Our new puppy has been coming in the house with clay mud caked to her feet and a brown nose. Don't they know how guilty they look! lol
    I think this can be a hard stage when they still act like a hyper puppy but they're as big as a full grown dog. It takes some patience and love. It won't be long until it seems like he does nothing but sleep on the porch. He's a very pretty dog. I love the expression on his face in that photo.

• jspeachyn5
    15 years ago

Ah, the feeling of sand between your toes!
    Be it four legged or two.
    He looks happy and appears to be having a good time.
    That reminds me of the time I caught Mahala w/cookie crumbs on her face.
    She tipped her head at me as if to say what cookie. Busted, you forgot to lick the crumbs off.
    Bonnie

• gldno1
    15 years ago

Our dog is now grown and he stills gets in the flower beds and digs everywhere!

I don't take it quite as easily as you all do!

What breed is he? He looks like a hound of some sort. I still want a Mountain Cur some day.

• ceresone
    15 years ago

Hey, my beloved Rottweiler went thru 7 pair of dress shoes before her first year was up! Last one she met me at the door, so ashamed of herself.. I'd buy her shoes to eat, if I had her back. Her name was Ceres

• helenh
    15 years ago

I have two bad boys (dogs) and an angel girl. The boys are 6 and 10 and still getting in trouble. Annie seldom goes with the boys and comes when you call her. The boys have nine volt shocker collars and still are going on trips just about every day. In the summer my radio wire fence works well. In winter when they can see the deer and other animals they run through and get shocked. They can not come home through the fence. They bark and I unplug the fence and get them back in. I'd say I am well trained.

• helenh
    15 years ago

This is Annie taken in May. She has decided the camera is evil so no more pictures. click to enlarge

• proudgm_03
    15 years ago

Beautiful dogs! Yeah, they can sometimes be a pain in the butt but what would we do without them? I myself prefer animals to people. You will never find anyone who will love you so unconditionally. They don't care if you've had a crappy day because they will make it better. And you can't deny the medical research declaring how good they are for you health.

• missfourseasons
    Original Author
    15 years ago

gldno1, you hit it on the head! He is a hound! The breed is Rhodesian Ridgeback. Helen: Annie looks like a sweetie! She has unusual eyes! They are quite striking!

• pauln
    15 years ago

What beautiful babies y'all have! Trouble has very serious eyes, and Angel looks like someone has applied eyeliner to her!

While we're showing off our loved ones, I'd like to add a photo of my cats (one of which thinks he's dog, so I guess it's ok). Can anyone give me a refresh on sharing photos through photobucket?

• helenh
    15 years ago

pauln search this forum for (Can I post pic. from a CD) We tried to help Bunny. Christie helped me and got me started. I am not happy with my pictures lately - too many Photobucket ads on them. I may need to go back and study what Christie told me last July.

• missfourseasons
    Original Author
    15 years ago

pauln: I only know how to do it on Photobucket...do you have an account there? If I remember it correctly from last time (they've changed it a little)...you pick your picture ... then it comes up with all those "codes" underneath ... right click on "html" link then go to your Gardenweb message and click "paste" ... I think that's it ... :)

• christie_sw_mo
    15 years ago

You used to be able to copy the "tag" line easily into a post but Photobucket did some updates or something and you can't do it that way anymore. They keep making changes and I keep having to relearn how to use it if I haven't posted a photo for awhile. I just copy different things until it works when I preview the message. lol I can't get to Photobucket at all today because our wireless is down and I'm using dial-up.

• pauln
    15 years ago

Ok, thanks for the technical support guys and gals! Sorry for the huge size, but these are big boys. Max (red and white) wandered up to a co-worker's house way out in the woods. Don't know his story, but he's very social and really loves the ladies. My ancient cat, Hazel, had died a few months earler, and I wasn't really ready for a new family member, but he quickly won me over. After taking care of his reproductive parts he doesn't seem to miss them. Since he grew up in the great outdoors, I had to install a kitty door for him to come and go, and he's become pretty popular in the neighborhood as the "Cat Ambassador" winning over people who never really liked cats.

Steely Dan started sneaking into the house and eating Max's food. I'd chase him away, and he'd return when I went to bed. I realized that he and Max were friends, so I've slowly adopted him into the family. I guess he was an outdoor cat somewhere nearby, and just likes it better here. He was named because he would steal Max's food, and also due to his dark grey color. He's a really sweetie, but pretty leery of other folks. It's a blast watching these two guys romp/stalk/chase/tumble together.

• gldno1
    15 years ago

Another cat lover! My husband has become one totally. He is trying to sneak the latest one into becoming a house cat; I am not totally convinced yet.

Yours are very handsome cats.

• pauln
    15 years ago

Thanks gldno 1! I'm rather fond of them. People think I'm a cat person, which I am, but some of my bestest friends are dogs. So many people tell me that ________ only acts that way around me. I'd love to some day have a dog or two, but right now it's just not an option. Living along, and the occasional work trip just precludes having dogs. I'd hate to see what a dog would do to my yard too.

• helenh
    15 years ago

I love cats too; I am always attracted to big orange Tom cats which I always name Buster. These two are my current babies. Big Fat Puffy (paranoid Puffy- jumpy near where the copperheads come around) is afraid of people; he was a wild kitty from a shed in Joplin.
    Little Spanky was starving as a kitten and the neighbors tamed her more. She is the one that made me adopt them. I told the neighbors I didn't need a cat but Spranky came rubbing up on me and I took three.

src="http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e362/spankypuff/april24025.jpg"; border="0" alt="Puff">

• missfourseasons
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Lovely cat photos! I love them just as much as dogs and my dream is to own multiple cats, but DH won't let me have but one at a time. When I'm feeling ornery, I look for an argument by going on and on about how much smarter cats are than dogs...that always gets DH upset because he only tolerates my cats because of me....

• christie_sw_mo
    15 years ago

Beautiful cats - all very healthy looking. Steely Dan is an unusual color. Helen - Annie has such pretty eyes.

• gldno1
    15 years ago

helen, Spanky looks like our (DH's) new cat.

You got a good picture; I tried but the cat wouldn't cooperate!

• pauln
    15 years ago

Steely-Wheely's color is more of a dark gray than the photo shows. Somehow he looks more brown in my pic. It was totally spontaneous when they were both up on their perch and I happened to have the camera handy. A rare thing indeed. They both love that spot, looking out the front window which sits up high above the hill below. They also love looking out of my bedroom window, which usually involves jumping up and down from the bed right next to my head in the middle of the night! Luckily, they rarely miss their spot and land on my sleeping head. My, we've got to love our babies, putting up with their animal ways. I couldn't imagine my house without at least one pet. It was mighty lonely when 18+ year old Hazel (Hazie) passed.

Spanky and Puff are BEAUTIFUL! Are they liter mates? They look so soft and cuddly. I love those strong stripes and pointy faces. They both have that typical "M" impression on their brows. Very fetching!

• helenh
    15 years ago

Steely-Wheely You don't talk baby talk to them do you? I would never do that and neither would Christie who warms dog bedding.

• pauln
    15 years ago

No. Never. At least I'd never confess to such. I did find, however, that when I call out that name in a high sing-songy voice, he cocks his head like dogs do sometimes. I figure he's looking for the horizon to get his bearings. He's got a squeeky voice, and I try and talk to him in the same key.

Now, Max is just Max. He's got a low mrow and I address him in his key. He blasts through the kitty door, and says his name. I figure it's feline for "Honey, I'm home!"

Sponsored
Buckeye Basements, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars31 Reviews
Central Ohio's Basement Finishing ExpertsBest Of Houzz '13-'21