Return to the Ozarks Region Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Freezing rain

Posted by christie_sw_mo Z6 (My Page) on
Fri, Dec 13, 13 at 7:01

Freezing rain just started here. They cancelled school this morning even though the streets were still dry. I'm grateful for their wisdom.
Bet we lose internet after while.
Very jealous that Joplin is warmer than we are this morning.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Freezing rain

It doesn't take long for freezing rain to do a lot of damage. I hope you warm up a bit. Don't slip and fall.

o

It started here around 7 AM. DH called me from the barn and told me to put Trax on my boots before I came out to milk. It has warmed somewhat since and doesn't seem to be accumulating.
It will be bad when the temperature drops later on.

o

We have 50% chance of freezing rain tonight and a high of 36 tomorrow. We don't have anyplace to go so we'll stay in.

Hubs slipped and fell out by the compost bins a few days ago. Had a sore shoulder for a few days but is much better now. One of the men that Hubs works out with at the Wellness Center fell too, and broke his wrist.

Y'all be careful out there.

o

I'm between Columbia and St Louis. We only had rain, never froze for us. It turned to snow about 7 pm then about 3-5" overnight. Stay safe.

o

Welcome Jbraun!
We got less than 2 inches of snow last night but the temperature has been dropping this afternoon.
We got out of having to go to the Christmas parade today in Springfield. They decided to go ahead and have it without the marching bands but if they had rescheduled it for next weekend, that wouldn't have gone well either. We're supposed to get snow again.

o

We were warmer? Not so's you would notice. School cancled Friday because the guy in charge of checking out the roads slid onto black ice and went into the ditch.......sure cold today but not the freezing rain and snow they said we would get. Grateful for that. Looking for a mid-week warm up so we can get the Christmas lights up and the tree inside.

Sandy

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Ozarks Region Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here