Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ladycraft

Merry Christmas

ladycraft
14 years ago

What is everyone doing for Christmas? I'm headed to Kansas tomorrow morning. Which is where my family is. Hope everyone is safe in their travels and has a wonderful weekend. I don't know you very well but if you are alone have a great day doing what you like to do! Call a friend that is alone too. Happy Holidays to all. Kathy

Comments (17)

• christie_sw_mo
    14 years ago

Thank you Kathy! Hope you have a wonderful time with your family for Christmas. Looks like the weather will be good on the way there at least.
    We don't have far to go to be with family, only a ten minute drive. Fighting the traffic in town to go shopping is pretty scary though. lol
    If you don't mind me jumping in, I'll wish everyone a safe and happy Christmas here too. Merry Christmas everyone!

• ceresone
    14 years ago

Me too, Me too--Can I jump in? A very Merry Christmas to you too, Kathy, and I hope you have a safe trip, don't get caught in that storm.
    And here's hoping every dear friend is going to have a Merry and Happy Christmas. There's just too many on here to name you all, but you know who you are, and you mean a lot to me.
    Be safe and keep warm.

• helenh
    14 years ago

Merry Christmas from me. Take some time to go outside today in the middle of the day when it is warm. The light is good for your mood even on a cloudy day. I am not doing anything for Christmas day, Santa and parties are over. We are having Christmas Sunday, a convenient time for us.

• gldno1
    14 years ago

Merry Christmas from me too! We will be having our dinner and Christmas on Saturday or Sunday. I am never sure until the last minute with one family in KC and one in St. Louis. My plans are "flexible".

The weather is sounding a little worrisome for the weekend. Let's hope no ice is involved.

• swmogardens
    14 years ago

My wife is making her and I a full turkey dinner. For stuffing she uses 2 loaves of bread, some onion, a pound of sausage and a pound of bacon, and fresh herbs. YUM, YUM. I already have my Christmas 10 pounds on me, just in case it's a long winter.

• helenh
    14 years ago

I'll take some stuffing and real turkey gravy. I am not cooking a turkey and you are making me hungry. I overdosed at Thanksgiving now I want a turkey.

• swmogardens
    14 years ago

• jspeachyn5
    14 years ago

Marry Christmas an Happy New Year to all here on the GW.
    Have a safe an happy holiday.
    Bonnie

• helenh
    14 years ago

Where have you been Bonnie?

• sunnyside1
    14 years ago

Merry Christmas!! My daughter and her two precious children are coming Christmas Day for brunch and present opening. How could I ask for more?
    Stay safe, everyone -
    Glad to hear from you, Bonnie
    Sunny

• jessaka
    14 years ago

Merry Christmas.

I will probably be sitting in the dark on Christmas day if we get a big storm, but hopefully the generator still works so we will have some light. if nothing else i can take a walk, a short one, and take photos of the snow on our house.

• christie_sw_mo
    14 years ago

Ladycraft - Did you make it home yet? Hope the snow and drifting didn't cause you too much trouble when you were traveling.

• ladycraft
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thanks for asking Christie. We made it home. A day later than planned. I had planned on posting some pictures last night, but time didn't allow. I love snow but don't like for it to control what I want to do. Had a great time with mom and dad. They are into bird's big time so dug out drifts for them several times. Dad can't go outside when it is so cold because of med. problems so tried to help mom. She is 85 and shouldn't be out shoveling either. But that is what keeps them going. They had tried to get pic of cardinals all last year so was running from window to window and got some pretty good pic for them. Have a dentist app.after work so it may be a couple days but want to share the snow with you. Kathy

• christie_sw_mo
    14 years ago

Yes be sure to post your photos Kathy. There's nothing prettier than cardinals with snow in the background.

That's good of you to help your folks out with their shoveling. I remember reading something once about extremely cold temperatures making it more likely for a person to have a heart attack. I worry about my hubby. When he shovels snow, he thinks he needs to get every speck off the driveway out to the very edges and then will just keep going out into the road, over to the neighbors house, etc. lol I have to remind him it will eventually melt.

• mikey-gardener
    14 years ago

well folks, this was the first christmas we had without one of my younger sisters. Christmas dinner just wasn't the same without her. You see, Connie (my sister) past away from colon cancer just a few months ago. It was such an aggressive type, folks at the Mayo clinic had never seen that type. But I thank my God and Savior, that I had 13 other brothers and sisters to share it with. I am the oldest of what was 15 children. This year I will be planting a large flower garden in remembrance of her thanks to folks here that was generous with flower seed that they was given away, especially when I had nothing to give but just a few cents on postage and a BEAP. What a wonderful community Garden Web is and how rich everyone is. Just do me a favor this spring, TAKE ENOUGH TIME FROM YOUR BUSY DAY TO SMELL AND ENJOY THE FLOWERS and realize life is but a vapor, time is short, but there are blessing we have never counted.

• helenh
    14 years ago

Great message mikey. A garden is a good way to heal. I used to dig up daffodils from old home sites and I always thought someone years ago planted these. These plants I'm moving to my yard may be here after I'm gone and that is a comforting thought to me. Building a garden and taking care of it is good for your soul and a wonderful way to show your love for your sister.

• christie_sw_mo
    14 years ago

Mikey - I posted earlier but it looks like there were some lost messages this morning on Gardenweb's end. It's wonderful that you are making garden in remembrance of your sister. Are all your siblings grown now? It's unusual to have such a large family. You may feel a burden being the oldest but do try to lean on the others when you need to.

Sponsored
Fine Designs & Interiors, Ltd.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars28 Reviews
Columbus Leading Interior Designer - Best of Houzz 2014-2022