Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
gldno1

Happy New Year to my Gardening Buddies!

gldno1
12 years ago

My wish is that we don't have a repeat of last gardening season!

Hope you all have a wonderful New Year in 2012!

Comments (9)

• helenh
    12 years ago

Happy New Gardening Year to everyone.

• sunnyside1
    12 years ago

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

Any resolutions? Some of mine are to follow through with some of my ambitious plans made this time last year, 2011 -- making more teas, growing more types of vegetables, and more experimental projects.
    Sunny

• christie_sw_mo
    12 years ago

Thanks for the New Year's wish. One of my resolutions is to spend less time on the computer. lol I'd just like to be caught up on everything all at once someday, laundry, housework, yard work. Wouldn't it be nice to have no work to do just for a little while?

Glenda I hope you've been doing better. Do you have a lot of stiffness in your hands? I wondered if it's getting difficult for you to type since you haven't been posting as much.

• gldno1
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Christie, actually I am back to 100%. I still have another month to go on the Prednisone but all traces of the problem are gone. We went to St. Louis for three days and then came home and got sick, both of us, with that horrible intestinal thing. I have been pretty lazy with everything including the internet since then. It leaves you pretty weak. We are both good now.

I even took an hour walk back to the old part of the farm this morning with Biscuit.

If I didn't read so much, I could be caught up with everything all the time, but so be it. I even bought a Kindle last weekend.

I hope to get back in the full swing of things shortly.

• christie_sw_mo
    12 years ago

I had that too Glenda, right before Christmas and ran a low fever for about three days after I was over the stomach part of it, I think because I was so dehydrated, or maybe that's just the way the virus runs its course. Anyway - I'm pretty sure it was the sickest I've ever been with a stomach bug. Something for everyone to be on the watch for if you haven't had it yet.

You got a Kindle! That's where you've been. : ) My oldest daughter wanted one for Christmas and then got a new camera instead. I look forward to the day when my kids can carry Kindles around instead of a heavy backback full of school books. I don't know why it's taking so long to switch over. There are only a few schools doing it now.

• sunnyside1
    12 years ago

So sorry for you, Glenda, Christie and Sandy, and anyone else who hasn't reported. I can relate -- I've had "it" in various degrees since I went to a Christmas program my grand-daughter was in -- a packed auditorium, I've not been around hordes of children, and POW! missed Christmas, New Year's, and am just now getting over it. It IS a terrible thing. Wash your hands often and pray this passes you by.

The Kindle, Nook, etc. are so seductive. I'm an avid reader and the book inventory in my house is getting out of control! I'd probably take too much time reading and not get the other things done, but it is on my list before too long.

Stay well and enjoy these warmer temps, everyone!
    Sunny

• helenh
    12 years ago

Christie I think your resolution should be to do what you can and not worry so much about what isn't done. You have kids and a husband to take care of. Unless you have trained them well to help you, you will never be totally caught up on work.

• gldno1
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Sunny, sorry you got the plague too! I am paranoid about hand washing all the time and am trying to remember to use hand sanitizer in the truck after we shop and before we get home. Maybe we have all built up some immunities to this now; I sure hope so!

Helen, I agree with you. Christie with children still at home, you need to cut yourself a lot of slack....with all the activities kids have today, I don't see how any of you get anything done.

• sunnyside1
    12 years ago

What a happy thought, Glenda! That I am possibly Immune to that From Now On. Hopefully.

Yes, Christie. Slack -- please cut yourself a whole bunch. Smell the roses, enjoy enjoy. These days go so fast and children do grow. Who cares if you can't eat off your floor -- who would, anyway? lol (Written from the perspective of a senior citizen who wasn't always so lackadasial as now. So I can relate).
    Sunny