Return to the Ozarks Region Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Baker Creek Seeds in Mansfield

Posted by Christie_SW_MO Z6 (My Page) on
Fri, Dec 9, 05 at 10:03

I got a Baker Creek catalog in the mail this week and have been looking through it. I see some things that I think would be fun for my kids and I to try, but I'm not sure they would actually taste good - like the yard long beans. ??? Going to order some melon seeds for sure when I decide which ones. Any suggestions? They are divided up by Asian, European, and American melons. I wonder if Asian would do better here than European or the other way around?
What is a "Chichiquelite Huckleberry"? Is it annual?
Anyone else making a wish list?

Here is a link that might be useful: Baker Creek

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Baker Creek Seeds in Mansfield

Baker Creek has 52 different watermelons! Help me out here. How do I decide? Has anyone grown any of these?

Here is a link that might be useful: Baker Creek's watermelons

o

have you tried asking on baker creek forum site? i've found it to be informative, and i'm going to try a few of the new items. things i really count on, i'll stick to the old tried and true ones. i am going to try pole beans this year, since they're supposed to have a longer production cycle.
but-- a jelly type cucumber, i dont know. more i look at snow outside, the more experimental i become--but--when spring comes--?

o

I've got a list started but I'm going to have to pare it down....not enough room in my garden for all the darn seeds I want. I NEED MORE DIRT!..LOL!!

PP

o

You might wanna' try the Orangeglo watermelon. It's a real winner, if you don't mind the orange colored flesh.

o

Christie_SW_MO,

How are you?

Go for the Blacktail Mountain Watermelon. It is Amy Goldman's favorite for flavor and she should know, she wrote this book: Melons for the Passionate Grower, has been growing melons for years, and is great friends with Martha Stewart. She has appeared on Martha's show at least three times where she's shown melons and her garden. She has also spoken at Baker Creek, I saw her and her slides were amazing.

Amy Goldman's Website.

Here is a link that might be useful: Amy Goldman and Blacktail Watermelon

o

Baker Creek Spring Festival is this coming weekend April 30-May 1st Sunday and Monday, anyone planning on coming?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Ozarks Region Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here