Return to the Ozarks Region Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Ordered my Christmas present : )

Posted by christie_sw_mo Z6 (My Page) on
Sat, Dec 15, 12 at 12:38

I decided I needed a new camera for Christmas. I've had my Sony for 5 years and it's been fritzing out. My daughter took pictures outside with it when it was misting and it still works but the mode changes all by itself and it blinks now.
Bestbuy had this Canon Powershot SX260 on sale for $199 that had good reviews.
I'll be looking for flowers and butterflies to test it on to see how it does with close-ups but it's the wrong time of year for that.

Here is a link that might be useful: Canon Powershot SX260 at Bestbuy

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Ordered my Christmas present : )

I am looking forward to seeing your pictures.

o

I'm anxious too. It's going to be hard to leave it in the box until Christmas. Cameras have improved so much in the last few years, I'm pretty sure I'll get better photos than I did with my old one.

Canon makes a point-and-shoot now that zooms up to 50x (for about twice as much money as I'm spending). That's just hard to believe. My goodness, you could probably take a picture of a bird a half a mile away with that thing. lol I'm putting it on my If-I-Ever-Win-The-Lottery list along with my attached two story sun room/garden conservatory filled with tropical plants. : )

Here is a link that might be useful: Canon with 50x zoom

o

I decided to try out my new Sony SX260 before Christmas. I'm sure it's a great camera but I wasn't impressed with the macro shots. They didn't seem to be as good as the ones I took with my old camera. I took it back and got a Sony instead. I haven't tried it out yet. We'll see if I can control myself and wait until Christmas.

o

You sound like a little kid and that is a good thing. At least you found out you didn't like the camera and traded quickly.

My "new" camera that I have had a while is not any better than the old one that I ruined evidently by taking pictures in the snow when it was bitterly cold.

The old camera cost about $100 and the newer one was twice that. It works but sometimes I think the cheaper one took better pictures. I hope you got a good one this time.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Ozarks Region Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here