Return to the Ozarks Region Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Report on the New Pruners

Posted by gldno1 z6MO (My Page) on
Sat, Dec 3, 11 at 14:38

Christie, I wanted to thank you for suggesting them! I finally made it out to the vegetable garden this morning and used the pruners to clean out about 40 feet of fence. I used them to cut down and prune clems, tomatoes, poke and some huge flower stalks of Kiss-me-over-the-Garden Gate which are like sticks.

They worked smooth as butter. I got the ones where the thumb side rotates. I haven't used the loppers yet except for a couple of trial cuts.

I got all the tomatoes pulled and piled, all the peppers and now just have the east end of old corn stalks to do. I may be using the loppers on that end.

I need to stick a few cloves of garlic in the ground too.

The first nice day when the ground isn't too wet, I will till.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Report on the New Pruners

Sounds like you got a lot done today. It looks like cold weather is coming. It was dreary today but at least it wasn't cold.

o

It rained here yesterday afternoon; I haven't checked the rain gauge yet.

I probably didn't work much over an hour. It's funny how you dread doing something and think it will take all day and once you start it is over very quickly!

o

I'm glad they're working out for you Glenda. I know you wouldn't want to give up gardening.
You're a hard worker. Sounds like you got an awful lot done in an hour. I didn't plant any garlic this fall. I need a good garlic press of some sort otherwise it's easier to just grab the powdered garlic out of the cabinet.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Ozarks Region Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here