Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
helenh_gw

snow pictures

helenh
14 years ago

It is hard to get a picture without clutter.{{gwi:1123358}}{{gwi:1123359}}{{gwi:1123361}}

Comments (8)

• gldno1
    14 years ago

What Clutter? I don't see any! You got more than I did.
    {{gwi:1123362}}From Winter Snow Storm 2009
    {{gwi:1123363}}From Winter Snow Storm 2009
    {{gwi:1123364}}From Winter Snow Storm 2009

• helenh
    Original Author
    14 years ago

You don't get to see those pictures; I deleted them. There are pots and stuff I leave around everywhere.

• aznative40
    14 years ago

Yes, you all were right. I do like being in the Ozarks. Spent the last 2 weeks driving around the country roads, forgot how Arizona was 30 years ago. Personally I'd rather travel 40 mph and see the houses and farms. On my way to Springfield from Aurora...Maybe I'm taking the 'long way around'. Helen, is that your barn in the snow pics? Just the kind of place I see and want to make mine. I drove through Hoberg a couple of days ago, Might not be the bustling metro......but has charm.....And snow on Christmas.....This was a friendly welcome for me.

• helenh
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Yes that is my barn. I like living in the country and being within driving distance of Joplin which is not a big as Springfield but has a good mall, big hospital and restaurants when I need them. Hoberg is a cute little town if it is the one I'm thinking of. I was there with Santa once and girls came riding in on horses. The little boys were in warm carhart overalls and wanted farm machinery toys.

• aznative40
    14 years ago

Helen....In regards to Hoberg, You will have to explain how you know Santa. And why the girls ride horses and the boys just stay warm playing with toys. Backwards from where I'm from. The boys rode horses and the girls stayed warm playing with toys......Well, the girls I was interested in, rode horses too, and and were like me. LOL

• gldno1
    14 years ago

Helen, I totally missed the barn picture which is my favorite.

It was off my screen and I didn't notice the different edge and scroll over.

What is the grass in the forefront of the picture that looks to be growing in a pot? I love how the grasses look in winter but hate to cut them down in spring...I am getting lazy.

Aznative, glad you are enjoying our winter!

• christie_sw_mo
    14 years ago

Those are all pretty. I didn't get outside much yesterday. It was late afternoon when our company left and I was outside then to help them load up their Christmas stuff and say good bye. I had to come back in and check the chill index because the wind was COLD. Sure didn't make me want to go outside and take pics. The chill index was only 1 above. I have to say you're tougher than me. I might go out today if there's less wind.

AZnative - Glad you enjoyed the white Christmas. That doesn't happen very often here so it's kind of a treat when it does. I'd never heard of Hoberg.

Love your barn Helen. I had a calendar one year with just pictures of old barns. They have lots of character.

• helenh
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Santa is a friend of mine. He used to ride the train, but now he rides a fire truck. It struck me that two teen age girls would ride in like cowgirls in a movie because that was unusual. One year I think that was the town where someone had a wagon pulled by a mule. The little boys had on their study boots and looked cute to me dressed like their fathers; most people don't have clothes suitable for cold weather. These little guys were dressed for work outside. They also wanted Santa to bring them horses, 4 wheelers, and rifles.

I have lots of grasses in pots. That may be blue stem but I forget. I intended long ago to put them in the ground. I am still looking for a good place. My yard is full of trees so my sun is where I plant tomatoes. I need to prepare a new spot. They do OK in pots under the tree because they don't have to compete for soil and water but I have to water them which gets old.

Sponsored
Elegant Kitchen and Bath
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars13 Reviews
VA & DC's Finest General Contractor