Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
christie_sw_mo

Happy Holidays

christie_sw_mo
13 years ago

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year everyone! Please be careful if you're out on the road - walking too. Looks like it might be slick. My daughter is hoping for a white Christmas. I could do without. lol

Hope you all get something for your garden from Santa.

Comments (7)

• helenh
    13 years ago

Merry Christmas to all from me too and may your gardens flourish in the New Year.. I get packages often - stuff I want because I ordered for myself. These short days and Amazon get me all the time. I could do with out a white Christmas because it makes travel less safe. I hope it does start raining in spring though; it is very dry. My bulbs need moisture to grow roots. Today was a good planting day.

• gldno1
    13 years ago

Merry Christmas to all!

Somehow, I am not getting too excited about the new gardening season. That is a first for me. I still haven't ordered anything or made any lists.

• mosswitch
    13 years ago

*âÂÂMerryâÂÂ* ã . àÃÂ* àÃÂ
    ãÂÂâÂÂChristmasâ ãÂÂ* ãÂÂ* .
    ã . ÃÂ* _à____*ãÂÂ*à. *
    àÃÂ* ÃÂ*/______/ï¼¼ãÂÂàÃÂ
    Merry Christmas, everyone!

• mosswitch
    13 years ago

Well, that didn't translate well, but you get the idea! Merry Christmas, everyone!

• christie_sw_mo
    Original Author
    13 years ago

I'll pretend those are Christmas lights Mosswitch. lol

Well I just checked outside. We got a VERY light dusting of snow. It would be a stretch to call it a white Christmas here.

When the kids were little we used to wait to put all the presents under the tree after they were asleep on Christmas eve. Then we'd set up the video camera very early Christmas morning and video the kids running and screaming down the hall in their jammies when they first saw that Santa had come. Now our youngest kids are teenagers and they've learned to sleep later. The presents have been under the tree for a week or so, except for the ones I was wrapping until 3am. (not very organized this year) It's almost 7:30 and they're still sleeping so I get caffeine and a computer break. : )

I ordered for myself too Helen - nothing wrong with that. I have a bunch of seeds under the tree. I may not be very surprised when I open them but I know I'll like them.
    I do more internet shopping every year for the kids too. They shop online so I HAVE to, if I want to get the stuff on their Christmas lists. My son who is 13 even looks for the best price and tells me where to order from. lol

Glenda - I bet you worked too hard last summer. Maybe you just need to buy some seeds or something to get yourself anxious for spring. There's always new stuff to try.

Seed alert - For those of you around Springfield, Akin's Market on Battlefield is carrying seeds now! The brand is Botanical Interests - something different from the usuals at Walmart and Lowe's. They have mostly veggies and herbs but a few flowers too. They had four kinds of Romaine. I bought one called 'Freckles'.

• sunnyside1
    13 years ago

A belated Merry Christmas to everyone -- and wasn't it great that we didn't get any bad weather here?

Christie, thanks so much for the link to the seed place. Any romaine lettuce named "Freckles" would intrigue me! I'm going to order seed from them soon.
    Sunny

• christie_sw_mo
    Original Author
    13 years ago

You must've looked it up Sunny but I'll provide a link below for others. I'm guessing it was their organic seeds that I saw at Akin's Market.

The forecast says we may hit 60 for New Year's Eve but cloudy.

Here is a link that might be useful: Botanical Interests Online