o
snow again?

Posted by helenh z6 SW MO (My Page) on
Mon, Dec 9, 13 at 16:44

It is coming down fast.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: snow again?

Helen, it looks like we got about 2" here in Springfield and still light flurries coming down. How is it looking in your neck of the woods?

o

We've just gotten a light dusting so far today. We often get what Springfield gets...we just get it a couple hours later. Right now the temp here is in the mid teens, with a wind chill in the single digits, so the snow could bypass us and leave us with little more than just the cold. I wish we'd get a decent snow, though, as we need the insulation and moisture it provides.

o

The snow I got last time was all dirty and ugly so this made it prettier. It is light snow now and I don't think it is much more than an inch or so. My state highway is all white no clear spots at all. I am very glad to have the snow for insulation although it never got as cold here as they predicted. The forecast tomorrow morning is 10 and that was the low I got before. I have not seen any highway dept. trucks through this whole stormy period. My animals expect to get to come in now.

o

We got about four inches. My kids are home from school again today, their third snow day and it's not even mid December.

o

I'd say we got four inches of very light, fluffy snow here in Joplin, although I haven't been out yet to measure. It's cold, and was very cold last night. In fact, it's the first time in my long life I have ever worn two pair of socks.

"My" birds are cold and hungry out there. I've been tossing seed from the back door, but feeders need to be recharged.

I'm starting to need my Wal-Mart Fix -- have plenty of food in, but sure miss seeing fellow humans. Maybe will get out Thursday. Maybe. I'd make a terrible pioneer.
Sunny

o

My low was 7; that is the coldest so far this year. The sun is out so maybe it will start to melt.

o

We've gotten a bit colder here Helen. I think we had a night that got down to 1 above but I'm not sure. Does anyone know what Springfield's low is so far?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Ozarks Region Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here