Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
helenh_gw

ice just started here

helenh
14 years ago

What's it doing at your house. I won't starve for sure. I have lots of good stuff to eat all by myself because I'm not going anywhere in this. I just polished off the last of the peco flake candy.

Comments (10)

• sunnyside1
    14 years ago

Drat! Ice "mist" has started here at 7:15 pm and I'm hoping it's going to change to snow here in Joplin. A lot of the Christmas Eve services are cancelled here. I wish it would just snow because I can deal with that. How I deal with everything, like you Helen, is just hole up with my fudge and a full refrigerator. I can't believe you ate ALL that peco flake candy and didn't save me some. lol I'm going to have my oyster stew soon and then wrap presents. My daughter and family are coming for brunch tomorrow.

Stay home if you can and stay safe, everyone.
    Sunny

• gldno1
    14 years ago

Merry Christmas!

The wind woke me up early.

I peeked out and we have ice and very little snow. I think we dodged the bullet on this one.

Don't know holiday plans yet; our daughter was coming from the north KC area and they are hit pretty heavy with snow and ice.

I am ashamed to say I have just had two pecan tassies with my first coffee at 4:15 AM. Tasted good!

Helen, I think Joplin was going to be hit worse than us. If you can check in today and let us know.

glenda

• christie_sw_mo
    14 years ago

We have enough snow to barely cover the ground here. It may be hiding ice underneath but I can't tell.

Glenda - Do you know yet how much snow they got up around KC? Hope your kids are still able to visit, if not today, then over the weekend.

We got to go to our Christmas Eve service and I was glad that we didn't have to drive home on ice when it was over. It was still above freezing. What a relief!

Yum Peco Flake. : ) My mother got me a box of cashew carmel clusters. She knows I'm trying to diet. lol I need to just set them out on the table so they'll disappear but they're awfully good.

Did Arkansas get snow?

• jspeachyn5
    14 years ago

Here in Joplin, I have maybe a few inches of snow on top of the ice. The freezing rain came down here off an on until I think it was aaround10 last night I could hear it. Then around 11:30 it started snowing hard. This morning it is deep enough it is above my shoes when I went out to get the paper. I see a lot of drifting from the wind. It is very powder like.
    I hope every one is safe. Oh yea an I did not lose power!!!
    I'm going to search the net today an see if I can find the cracker candy recipe my mother used to make.
    Bonnie

• helenh
    Original Author
    14 years ago

I can't tell how much snow I got because the wind has shifted it - maybe 4 or 5 inches. I will post a picture if I can find a spot that doesn't look junky. The pots, stakes, garden carts and assorted stuff has no where to hide in winter.

• jspeachyn5
    14 years ago

Here are some pics of the blowing snow I have in Joplin.
    Since it is blowing so much. It is deep in one place an next to the grass in the next spot.
    [IMG]http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f280/jspeachyn5n5/snowing/GEDC0212.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f280/jspeachyn5n5/snowing/GEDC0213.jpg[/IMG]
    I could not believe how cold that wind was until I started trying to clean it off the walk.
    Then a nice young man stopped an asked if it would be ok for him to shovel my top drive. I almost thought I was seeing things for a moment. I guess I just was so used to doing it my self. Thank you who ever you were.
    Hope this works been a long time since I tried to post pics.
    Bonnie

• jspeachyn5
    14 years ago

Well that didn't work. Lets try again.
    {{gwi:1123486}}
    {{gwi:1123487}}
    cross your fingers.

• gldno1
    14 years ago

Bonnie, we didn't get near that, maybe 2 inches.

christie, they got 6-8 inches with ice under. They put off coming in until tomorrow, hoping the highways will be clearer by then.

If not, I have a cheese cake, and a pound cake and a turkey that will be very lonely!

• helenh
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Bonnie exercise is good, but the sun is deceptive. It is too cold out there to be clearing your walk especially if you have health issues. It is a good thing an angel came along. Glenda you aren't going to waste that food are you?

I may have to let my oldest dirtiest dog come in. He would hardly get out of the dog house for meat and he is walking humped over like something hurts him.

• christie_sw_mo
    14 years ago

Bonnie - I can tell you got some drifting. That wind was fierce.

Glenda - Hope your kids make it in ok. Ice can be tricky. We need the sun to come out today.

Sponsored
KP Designs Group
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars50 Reviews
Franklin County's Unique and Creative Residential Interior Design Firm