Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
linlily

wanted: thanks for the great wp plant swap, cathy and ross

linlily
17 years ago

I really appreciate all the work you two put into making today's Plant Swap a real success. It was so much fun meeting everyone, and talking plants. The food was so good and choosing the plants we were getting was like being a kid on Christmas morning and seeing all the toys under the tree! Now for the fun part...digging and planting. It was such a wonderful day, and I loved being a part of it. Thanks again Cathy and Ross. Hope we can do it again, and to the people who couldn't make it, you really missed a good time!

Linlily ~ Linda

Comments (7)

• sally
    17 years ago

I second Linda's message. It was a great day, and I met wonderful people and got some great new plants.
    Thank you Cathy and Ross.

Sally

• dirtdiva
    17 years ago

Thanks Cathy and Ross! It was my first plant swap and I had a great time. I really felt like it was Christmas in June! I brought home beautiful plants and met such nice people. I'm going to start making plant tags after a trip to home depot tomorrow. I've been giving a lot of thought where to place each plant. Location, location, location. Wow, the boarders are going to look smashing!!

• gillian_
    17 years ago

I, too, want to thank Cathy and Ross. The swap was great and as the others have already said...it was like Christmas in June! I loved meeting everyone, as I read the above posts I could see your faces and it makes this place more "homey." If any of you venture up North please stop in for a visit.
    My most memorable saying of the day came from Cheryl (dirtdivarocks)...you know the old saying "A girl can never have too many diamonds?" Well as I was picking out my 4th or 5th hosta she smiled at me and said, "A girl can never have too many hostas!" Ah, a woman after my own heart.
    Now, where am I going to plant all this stuff and when will I find the time??? Right now I need to get to bed..just got home from a day at Kennywood. I'm pooped and my throat hurts from screaming (Side note..new ride - Swing Shot - be sure you are good with God before getting on..you might not live through it!)

~Gillian

• cbrandenburg
    17 years ago

This years plant swap was a great success!!! Thanks to everyone coming and bringing such wonderful plants. I came home with so many new plants this year, some even had to be looked up online. I did get most of mine planted, can you believe that. Ross and I planted and mulched for the past 2 days and we are still not done, we still need 4 more yards of mulch, I'll be glad when this week is over, LOL.

I really enjoyed meeting all the new people this year, they brought some wonderful plants to the swap, and the meal was great, we had the most beautiful flower arrangement, I thought was a table decoration, but was a huge pot of the most delicious dirt I've ever eaten, LOL.

Thanks to everyone for making this years swap a wonderful experience for everyone.

Now get all your plants in the ground!!

Cathy

• gillian_
    17 years ago

"Now get all your plants in the ground!!"

Easier said than done, I had to dig up some more grass and make a new bed to make room for all this stuff. Plus I had just gotten a delivery of about 20 periennals I ordered (they were on sale, I had no choice). Between that and the swap it's a full time job getting things either planted or potted....and don't even mention the WinterSow babies that are still in containers. HELP!

Oh, and a side note to Linlily...now I am even a bigger trash collector than before thanks to you. With WinterSowing I saved every milk jug I could get my hands on...now I've added pop cans to my "rinse and store" collection!

~Gillian

• dirtdiva
    17 years ago

OMG, what a job getting them all in the ground! All are in except the baby starts (I'm keeping them potted a while longer) Gillian, you have me hooked on winter sowing now. I was out in the yard collecting hellaborus seeds yesterday. lol. I better get them before they hit the ground because dh used preen on the hillside. I'm starting my milk jug collection. I do have a question (sorry, but I am a detail oriented person)...Do you water during the winter? Or do they get enough moisture through the small opening at the top? Tomorrow dh and I will be mulching all day. Getting everything looking good for our daughter's graduation party.
    Cheryl

• gillian_
    17 years ago

Cheryl,
    I'm glad you are giving WS a try. You will be amazed at how easy it is and how many plants you will end up with. To answer your question, I never water my WS containers during the Winter. Once we start to get some warm weather and they start to dry out a little then I water in the Spring but not all that much. The containers are little greenhouses really that provide enough moisture. The WS forum has tons of information, it seems like any question I have ever had someone else has too and they have posted it.
    Hope your graduation party went well!

Gillian

Sponsored