Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mymacca

have: get-together for eastern pa 10/1/05

mymacca
18 years ago

I have moved this over from the discussions forum so that folks here in Pa see it.

Posted by Annie_nj z6b (My Page) on Thu, Sep 1, 05 at 9:03

Hi all

We are having a swap (Please see NJ exchange pages) in Willingboro NJ on 10/1/05 and would like to invite our close neighbors from PA. Steve's is 15 minutes north from the Besty Ross Bridge, and he has a wonderful garden. Sorry I am not allowed to post under the Exchanges and have to post here. Feel free to email either Steve or myself directly if you want more details.

Annie

PS....

I went to this one last Autumn. Trust me, you just won't believe your eyes! Steve's place is just stunning. He even had large hardy bannana trees growing on the embankments of a small creek that runs through his property, and palms planted around the house! The mix is just amazing. He is also very generous with his plants as well as his knowledge.

You should bring a covered dish and a folding lawnchair (if you want to be certain you have a seat) The swap is usually after the luncheon. Steve calls it "informal" which sounds nicer than "free for all" or "dash and grab", but you should know how this type of swap works in order to avoid dissappointment.

Actual TRADING should be arranged in advance, and you may want to leave things that are spoken for in your vehicle until you find your trader. The "free for all" plants are set out in the yard and folks shop around and make notes as to the location of things they want to take home. When Steve makes the announcement, there is a scramble. There are LOTS OF PLANTS..so you will not leave empty handed, but keep in mind that folks aren't as fussy about presentation with the "free for all" type plants as they might be with things that are reserved for trades. Folks bring things in yogurt cups or even bare root in plastic bags... so plan on planting things or at least potting them up as soon as you get home.

You can post your wants and haves for trading on this list if you live in PA. You will have to check the NJ list for folks over there and email them directly to arrange trades.

Have Fun!

**Macca**

Sponsored
M&Z Home Services LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Established Home Remodeling Expert Since 2012