Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
gerry_wyomingpa

NEPA garden swap friends...please read

gerry_wyomingpa
16 years ago

I have been absent for quite some time on here as things were not the best. I have finally taken the steps to begin making things (I hope) better.

I will be moving to Ohio in the next few weeks/months, not really sure, but as soon as I can is when I am planning. If things go well, I will be selling the house to family and should be able to come back in the spring and retrieve some plants and just basically get rid of the rest...this is where you guys come in...I will have alot of plants and gardening items that have to go, if anyone is interested, please post here as I am not sure when I will be checking mail, I will however mail you if I can. Nothing will be to petty to ask for, of course some things I am sure will stay and I will have to hash that out on this end, but please just ask if you are interested. Hopefully I can get back and have one more party here, but that will be up to others and not me.

I so enjoyed our times together.

Gerry

Comments (6)

• Lcgrace Mahoney
    16 years ago

Hi Gerry!

It sounds like you've made some very difficult decisions, which is often the hardest part of life changing situations.

I haven't been around much myself. After my garden "died" last year in the summer heat and drought, I had lost interest. These warmer temps have me dreaming, once again, of springtime planting and gardening. This year I made it known to my husband that I'm going actually buy dirt, compost, mulch, poop, whatever it takes to grow things in our poor soil! lol He agreed that my love for plants is going to take a priority when the tax return comes. It looks like I'll be starting seeds, dividing plants, and playing in the dirt with high hopes once again.

Take care and if there's anything you need....just speak up! Do you know what area you're going to move to? Same zone & growing conditions? A bigger garden? How exciting! New opportunities and possibilities. Good luck & take care! Tamra aka LC Grace

• floragal
    16 years ago

Gerry,

My heart sunk when I read your post. I'm so sorry you've been through tough times - you're a wonderful person and deserve better. I would love to come and help dig plants with you in the spring, and yes there are a few things I'm interested in. First, the spiral topiaries, LOL!! Seriously, I know they need to stay, but yes, you have some really interesting and unusual plants there and I'd consider it a great pleasure to nurture some of them in my yard.

Do you need help with the move?

• Lcgrace Mahoney
    16 years ago

Let's make it a Party!! I'll help dig too...what shall I bring? A shovel? Food? Definitely! Gardeners need to keep up their strength! I'll wear my diggin clothes and we'll get Gerry's gardens packed up for the move!

On the bright side....even though Gerry will be miles away, he's just a click away online! Maybe the sun shines more in Ohio! I hope your new place isn't near a river.

Oh, if I had gardens as beautiful as yours....I'd be diggin up my dirt and taking it with me! lol

• katob Z6ish, NE Pa
    16 years ago

Gerry,
    This is the post I've been dreading ever since you mentioned that you were considering a move. I was hoping things had already made a turn for the better a long time ago, since it seems you've had nothing but bad deals for the last year or two, but I guess you're still working on it. I hope this is the break/change you need.

Let me know if there's anything you need. I'm a good mover and house-fixer-upper-get-it-ready-for-sale person. The offer of a place to stash plants still stands since I also am likely moving next year and the new house has a big empty yard that I won't need all of right away.

If you need a home for any peonies/tree peonies, I'm your man!

Also if we need a place to party I'm just across the river.
    good luck,
    Frank

• gerry_wyomingpa
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Hey guys, nice to see ya's (well at least on posting)!

I am still not 100% when I am going, but the sooner the better.

I am going to try to E-mail each of you as soon as I get a chance.

HUGS

Gerry

• westhighlandblue
    16 years ago

Gerry: I can pack. I can lift. Please ask if you need help with your move. You can "pay" me in plants. Anne

Sponsored