Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
chescobob

Nor'easter February 11 & 12, 2006

chescobob
18 years ago

It looks like it is about 12" out here in SW Chester County so far. It is almost finsihed snowing.

Comments (15)

• zeffyrose
    18 years ago

It is pretty deep here in Bucks County-----It is beautiful.

Florence

• jenny_in_se_pa
    18 years ago

Ugh.

At least my potted baby redtwig dogwood is in its red/white contrasting glory. LOL

{{gwi:293}}

• zeffyrose
    18 years ago

Great picture of the redtwig dogwood.

Florence

• chescobob
    Original Author
    18 years ago

This year, I will get at least one of the redtwigs. I think some winterberry too. Not sure about beautyberry though. I was out with the snow-thrower this morning and it is over 12" here. Helped the closest neighbor with his driveway too. The roads are plowed and now mostly wet.

• zeffyrose
    18 years ago

the view from my french doors -the roses in winter---LOL

another view

I do love snow but of course I'm retired and don't have to drive in it.

Florence

• chescobob
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Your Winter garden looks very nice.

• earthlydelights
    18 years ago

nice pics, florence. is that a wishing well i detect?

it is beautiful, isn't it? my new guy had a ball all day - hard getting him back inside.

{{gwi:1107448}}

• geoforce
    18 years ago

I was right near the edge of that 18" band across the county. We received about 15-16". Gorgeous, but with 50 deg forecast for wednesday, it might not last very long. Still, I had a long 10 hour day yesterday clearing out my drive enough to get to work this morn.

George

• cbrandenburg
    18 years ago

I am so jealous of you guys, I want one snow storm this season. We have had very little snow, a dusting here and there. I think it's beautiful, I love looking at all your pictures. My husband thinks I'm crazy, I guess because he cleans the driveway.

Cathy

• Pipersville_Carol
    18 years ago

That's a happy dog! My older collie kept getting stuck in the snow, we didn't let him out much. The younger collie had fun blasting through it, in great happy leaps and bounds.

We had about 15" in Bucks, what a beautiful snowfall. It took you ten hours to plow out, George?? Time to get some snowmobiles and leave your cars at the end of the driveway, like they do in New England!

• zeffyrose
    18 years ago

Earthly delights------Is your dog making a "snowdog angel"?? LOL

About that wishing well---I thought the same thing when I posted that picture actually it is a rose arbor with a fence in front of it---I would like a wishing well.

this is the arbor before I planted a rose on it.!

{{gwi:1107449}}

Florence

• geoforce
    18 years ago

Carol, Our drive is a very steep incline about 150 yards long and facing northeast. If I don't get it down to the blacktop rapidly the warmth turns the snow into a glacier and it stays till spring. One year, we were away on vacation, and when we returned, we could not drive up it for over 3 months. Incidently, I do park at the bottom when snow is forcast. Just long work, not really hard, as I have a small plow on my garden tractor/mower. I'm way too old to shovel that stuff much any more.

George

• earthlydelights
    18 years ago

florence

beautiful azaleas (i think) or are they rhodies? that's an interesting obelisk/arbor.

isn't our weather just so gorgeous? hard to believe this is winter.

my greenhouse is getting delivered tomorrow. i am as happy as a pig in mud!

maryanne/earthly

• zeffyrose
    18 years ago

Hi Maryanne,

They are azaleas that my DH propagated about 15 years ago. We have them all over our yard.

The obelisk I picked up at "Big Lots" great price.

BTW--the weather was beautiful yesterday---I'm so happy I can walk again(back surgery is slowly healing )and should be in great shape for gardening by May---whooppee.

Florence

• jenny_in_se_pa
    18 years ago

Florence - meant to post to say I like that arbor too and agree that it looked like a wishing well when covered in snow!

Here it is a week after the Nor'easter and all that snow is GONE except for a few mounds here and there!!! YAY!

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!