Return to the Pennsylvania Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Plant Swap in SE PA

Posted by homequaker1 z6 PA (My Page) on
Sun, Mar 23, 08 at 8:09

Plant swap in Chester County, near Coatsville.

A spring plant swap will be at Hibernia Park on Saturday, April 26th. Free. No sales. Please arrive between 8:30 and 9:00 to unload your plants.

We are again at Pavilion #4. If you enter the park through the main entrance, then turn right, it's the first pavilion you come to on the right. You may pull up to the pavilion to unload, and then move to the parking lot.

For more info, call the Park at 610-383-3812.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Plant Swap in SE PA

For as long as I have been growing I have never been to a formal plant swap. Can you tell me how it works, what to expect and not expect?

Thanks,

Jim

o

Jim,
First, take out the idea of "formal".
This is just fun. Dig up your plants, like you are dividing them. Try to include labels. You can pot them, bring them bare rooted(don't let them dry out), in plastic grocery bags, whatever. Bring as much or as little as you have to spare. Expect to receive a similar amount as what you bring. You may get more or less, depending on how much everyone else brings.
Traders usually arrive and unload plants, start talking, and looking at all the varieties. You can make trades right away or when everyone is ready, you just go around and pick up the plants you want.
If there is something you wanted that disappears too fast, try to find out who brought it, and chances are, you can arrange to get some from them for something from your garden. It was always just a great deal of fun, sharing gardening stories, and plants, and ideas when I ran the show. By the way...I started the Hibernia plant swap,many year ago.
Nina

o

I'm so sorry I'm going to miss this event. I'm out of town until May 1st. It's just down the road from where I love and would love to attend. Oh well-maybe next time.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pennsylvania Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here