Return to the Pennsylvania Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Is Creek Edge Open Yet?

Posted by parad0x Z7 Philadelphia (My Page) on
Wed, Mar 8, 06 at 8:48

For those of you in the Philly area...

Almost ready to start preparing my beds for 3 new roses I have coming from Edmunds, and I was wondering if anybody knew if Creek Edge Nursery was open yet, or when it would be? I know it's usually sometime in early to mid March. I need to purchase a bunch of bags of soil amendments, and they usually have a pretty decent selection.

Thanks!
Todd In Philly

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Is Creek Edge Open Yet?

Todd:

I don't think they open until around Easter when they start selling their Easter plants.

Carol

o
Yes

• Posted by parad0x Z7 Philadelphia (My Page) on
    Fri, Mar 17, 06 at 11:51

They're open...I was there this past Sunday. All they had out were pansies tho. They didn't even have their bags of soil amendments/mulch out front yet. But as I said, they did have flats of pansies for sale.

Todd In Philly

o

I'm sure they would be open year round if Pa didn't have such worthless weather in the winter. I've heard of that place and they have a lot of good stuff there.

o

Where is Creek Edge? I live outside West Chester, Pa.

o

grammie, Creek Edge is on Byberry Rd on the outer edges of the drive for Franklin Mills Mall in Northeast Philadelphia.
Gardenguy, They like taking off when it's not the growing season. They use to be open in November and December for the holidays and had some fantastic plants. They stopped that a couple of years ago and I sure miss their poinsettias. Billie

o

I went on Sunday to get my pro mix. Lots of new stuff coming in but prices have gone up. 17.00 for a flat of pansies is pretty steep. Last year I paid 12.00 for the pro mix this year is was 16.00. The fuel charges are killing them, it's a shame. I still love there stuff though!!

o

OK, so I finally got to this one today. Nice little place. Had coleus in colors that mom liked, but she already bought some. We'll go to Creek Edge next year to get her stash. She came away with some cayenne pepper plants. Large variety of peppers and tomatoes. Their roses are from Weeks, they had Home Run (the newest player on the "disease resistant" front). The herbs looked a bit picked over, but I was happy to find ProMix for containers. Well worth the trip.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pennsylvania Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here