Return to the Pennsylvania Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Daffs are blooming!

Posted by pipersville_carol z6 Bucks PA (My Page) on
Fri, Mar 30, 07 at 9:50

A nice cheery bunch of daffodils is in full bloom next to the back gate. A beautiful sight!

Today I'm going to start soil preparation for a new vegetable patch, in a bare area of the perennial beds. Time to go find the spade and sharpen the edge..

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Daffs are blooming!

carol, it's great, isn't it? i even have some hyacinth coming in as well. the magnolia tree is beginning to flower and i can see the buds on the forsithia and lilacs. spring has sprung!!!!!!

i've been out working the last two days cleaning and prepping. i love it.

maryanne

o

Oh, yes. It's so great! I just moved into a house in October and the first thing I did was plant bulbs. I thought I went a little crazy with them actually. But, now that I see them coming up, I definately need more. Still, the crocus are sooo cute. There is a picture below of my favorite. (As if you've never seen a crocus before.) Also, my yard is fenced, but behind that is a forest. There are daffodils growing way into the woods! It's so sweet. I wonder how they got there. Can bulbs just appear? Do you think squirrels could have carried them? I didn't plant any daffodils myself.

Here is a link that might be useful: my favorite crocus

o

YES,this is the best time of the yr. for me. My tulips are erupting from the earth. No buds yet though. I'd say maybe a week and a half from now, they will be blooming so nice. Our area is calling for cold temps. by end of next week, through the easter holiday. Bah humbug, why doesn't winter just go away already!!

o

Yes, my daffodils are in full bloom, my forsythia bloomed today, and my hyacinths are blooming, too. My crocuses are done (boo-hoo), but I did see a grape hyacinth in bloom, with more to follow. The rest of my property looks dull and brown, so how I delight in these little spots of color!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pennsylvania Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here