Return to the Pennsylvania Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Is it just me...

Posted by Dee67 none (My Page) on
Mon, Mar 4, 13 at 11:38

I haven't been on GW for quite a few years. While bouncing around the forums I noticed there has been no new postings for 6 mos. or even longer. So many of the categories overlap & sometimes triple overlap. I have to remind myself to look at the date on a post if I am going to reply. I think they should cut out some of the categories. There just doesn't seem to be enough traffic to keep everything rolling. What does everyone else think?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Is it just me...

Yea That's a good idea.

I also think there should be a way to subscribe to multiple categories because there is too many to keep track of.

Some of my recent posts on landscaping help :)

http://forums.gardenweb.com/forums/load/wildlife/msg0319242623921.html

http://forums.gardenweb.com/forums/load/wildlife/msg0319305232393.html

http://forums.gardenweb.com/forums/load/wildlife/msg031935338291.html

o

Good idea chriswanderer90. like a "favorites' list when you login or something. I went over to your other posts. You may as well post here, since your from Pa. a lot of knowledgeable people here, even if it is slow. I for one, keep checking in..:)

o

Yes thats a good idea. When i get back home Im probably going to move the landscape help posts on the PA forum.

o

I think it would be easier for you. I personally get tired of jumping around to different forum to find if I have answers to my posts. Besides, Other than a slight zonal change from east to west, north to south Pa., the plants from here to there are the same. It will be easier to help you with choices, :)

o

Hi guys,
Some categories come and go and you almost have to shop around to see what's active. The Pa forum used to be much more active a few years ago but died out for various reasons. Sometimes a policy change drives people off, sometimes format change, sometimes a single person can kill a forum!

When you post a message did you notice the check off box below the link boxes? You can have all followups emailed to you..... most of the time I forget, but when I do it's hepful in keeping the updates coming.

o

I did see the check off boxes. But I have so much other crap to keep outta my mailbox I figured I didn't need anymore, although that is a nice feature. I just remember when I was on years ago half the time you couldn't keep up with all the postings & answers because it was busy. I like this forum. It is nice to see what other fellow Pa'ers are doing & how the weather is vastly different from one end of the state to the other.

o

You're right Dee, I sometimes wonder where everyone is off too!? Maybe blogs, don't know.

Again I forgot to check off the stupid box..... jeesh

o

LOL! I hate blogs....I don't even like that word.,LOL!

o

i too believe blogs are perhaps the reason why these boards are so slow of late. i have been noticing it for over the last year. i frequent only a few separate forums, and even they are not as active. even if i don't post in PA, i still come by on occasion to see what acitivity, if any, is happening. good to stay connected.

maryanne

o

I agree with merging some of the topics. There are too many.

As far as blogs go, I have a silly one. I started it because the blog is an easy way for me to keep track of and share information and I was tired of people asking me what I was doing. Lol.

o

pretty.gurl, isn't that what we do here? I just don't see a difference..,:)

o

Too many choices.... kato is correct about a single person...in that everyone's an 'expert' and it gets tiring hearing disagreements over the smallest details. I lurk more than I post.

o

Dee67, I am forcing myself to get organized. Lol. It is my strange way. I am so super busy that I forget where notes and articles are. I can stick it on my blog and go back to it, a to-do-research-list.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pennsylvania Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here