Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
woodsidetrader

Can we start a swap in Berks County?

woodsidetrader
17 years ago

Looking for anyone interested in a plant swap meet in Berks County.

Comments (5)

• earline_pa zone 6 Pa.
    17 years ago

A local swap would be great!!
    I am in Douglassville.
    I really don't have too much for outdoors (my DH says different;) other than collected seed
    and a few things that I could get some cuttings.
    I have 3 Plumerias that desperately need a pruning and Hoyas that I could get cuttings from.

Hope we can get this off the ground ;))
    Earline

• PRO
    Kestrel Shutters & Doors
    17 years ago

I'm just north of Pottstown and I'd be interested in a plant swap. Of course who knows what I'll have left over once I clear away all the dead leaves and such.

Maybe try reposting this with the title of Berks/Montgomery County

Jim

• ninamora
    17 years ago

I'd love to meet some new gardening friends to swap with.
    I'm in Lancaster, Co. Try adding that to the Berks/Mont. swap. I used to run plant swaps in Chester Co. for parks and recreation at Hibernia and at Springton Manor. It's a great way to find a new plant and get rid of the ones that are doing too well for you.
    Nina

• claysoil
    17 years ago

Hibernia swap in Chester County is still going strong, twice a year in April and then September. Here is the notice I got:

Hello gardeners!

The spring plant swap is coming up at Hibernia Park on Saturday, April 28th. Attached is a flyer (two different file formats, same thing) for you to post and share with friends. Please arrive between 8:30 and 9:00 to unload your plants.

Note that this year we will be in Pavilion #4 where more parking is available. If you enter the park through the main entrance, turn right and it's the first pavilion you come to on the right. You may pull up to the pavilion to unload, and then move to the parking lot.

Registration/Info: Registration forms available at
    http://chesco.org
    Or Call the Park at 610-383-3812
    When registering, please provide a brief list
    of the plants you intend to bring.

Look forward to seeing all of our plant swap friends!

Micki McAllister
    Liz Derryberry
    Volunteer Co-hosts

• mickimc
    17 years ago

Hi, This is one of the coordinators for the Chester County Plant swap. First - hello to Nina!!! Founder of our swap that carries on. Last spring we had 45 attendies. We're moving to a bigger parking area this year.

Go for it people - the time investment is small for coordinating with the use of computers. I share the responsibility with Liz Derryberry, who does the posting of flyers & makes phone calls. I prefer technology to get the word out there and we've really expanded because of e-mails being forwarded to friends. With minimal work, I can send a reminder that the swap is coming up in a few days to a hundred people.

Find a public park and go to the appropriate officials. We get our location for free because Chester County has absolutely no work for this program. We make sure we clean up our dirt!

Also, in case anyone is close to it, Gardens of Octorara is having their swap on April 14th at the Twinbrook Winery.

Happy spring!

Micki McAllister

Sponsored