Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
westhighlandblue

Serial Tree Murderer

westhighlandblue
18 years ago

Someone is hell bent on killing two little saplings (Green Ash and Pin Oak) that I have planted on the parking strip between my house and the street. That person routinely breaks pieces off the Green Ash (its half the size it was last fall) and knocks over the Pin Oak.

This morning I found the Pin Oak completely uprooted (this has happened before) and broken in half (this is new). There are no wires overhead. My house faces a neighbors garage and back yard but the street the separates our property is wide. The trees could not possibly affect anyone adversely.

I have two large plant beds nearby with low growing shrubs, newly planted, and a multitude of daffodils. They remain untouched as does the Red Maple and Red Bud, closer to the house, that I planted at the same time I planted the trees that are being tormented.

Does anyone have any idea at all what might be going on here? Has anyone every heard of such a thing?

By they way, I bound the break up (it was a green stick fracture) with electric tape. I am willing to take any advice on what I really should do in light of the break.

My DH has been out of town for the last ninety days. He's due home this evening. And he's promised to dedicate himself to finding out who did this. (He typically works from our house, but business took him away for the last three months.)

Comments (8)

Sponsored