Return to the Pennsylvania Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Woo Hoo, Spring Is Springing :o)

Posted by Nick_17815_PA NE_PA z6 (My Page) on
Tue, Mar 29, 05 at 18:12

Like everyone I'm sure, I got very excited about the nice sunny day. Well actually it was only the afternoon that the sun popped out, which worked out well since I worked until 3:30. I finally took on the chore, it actually didn't feel like a chore at all because I've been wanting to get outside and work on the garden for what seems like ever, of remove the leaves from the flower beds. I went from bed to bed surprized at all the green goodies hidden beneath the soggy brown leaves. After going to all the beds I figured it was simply too early for the crocuses in this region. Finally I went to this tiny bed I dug out by hand last year, and WaLa a purple blossom :o) SPRING IS FINALLY HERE. I was also amazed at how my bleeding heart and day lillies spread like nuts.

Quick question while I'm at it, can anyone describe what an allium looks like when it first breaks the soil. I planted over 200 bulbs late last fall (Walmart had a super clearance sale and I just had to get some) tulips, grape hyacinths, dafs, and only 3 alliums. Silly me, I don't know where I planted them.

Happy Gardening!

~Nick

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Woo Hoo, Spring Is Springing :o)

My Allium are sprouting. They have thick green leaves with red tinges on them. They are tightly formed. When they open they will spread and fall out into long Amarylis like leaves. I really love the Schuberti. It's discribed in the catalogues as Fireworks like blossoms and that is so true.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pennsylvania Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here