Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
parad0x

Any other place similar to Creek Edge around Philly Area?

parad0x
19 years ago

I go to Creek Edge near Franklin Mills Mall for almost all of my garden supplies/plants etc, but I was wondering if there was a nursery just like Creek Edge around the area anywhere. I thought somebody mentioned there's a place at Byberry and Philmont....but I can't remember.

Just looking for a few more sources for plants/garden supplies like Creek Edge....

Thanks!

Todd In Philly (specifically NE Philly)

Comments (15)

• carol_se_pa_6
    19 years ago

Todd:

The Flower Station is at Byberry and Philmont. They have a website - theflowerstation.com. I haven't been there but they seem to get larger each year. I have heard of a place called Bisirri Pansy Gardens on Emerson Street off of Torresdale Avenue. I don't know if it is still there. There is a small place on Bristol Pike across from Woodhaven Mall near Ritas Water Ice. Now if you want to travel a little further, Primex in Glenside is a good place. Feeneys on Bustleton Avenue has a good selection. Also Polywog Farm on Street Road in Southampton has a nice selection. Check out names in the phone book. Good luck!

• jenny_in_se_pa
    19 years ago

LOL about Primex. That is about 4 miles from me and they know my BIL by name. He must be there at least once or twice a week. :-p

• luvsgrtdanes
    18 years ago

Todd, try Lecks in Feasterville.It is off of Bridgetown pike right after the Buck Hotel. Make a right on to school lane right after you pass the school. Go to Desire Ave and make a left., very much like creek edge. The people are real nice and very helpful. 215 357 1450 No web site. I think you will like it.
    Ronnie

• luvsgrtdanes
    18 years ago

Bisirri's is still there, boy I haven't been there for a long time. I heard Pollywogs was being sold to a builder and is getting knocked down. Where in Glenside is Primex, I would like to go.

• carol_se_pa_6
    18 years ago

Ronnie:

Primex is good stuff! They have a website - I think it is primex.com but I am only guessing. They are on Glenside Avenue, not far from Limekilm Pike, maybe a mile or so off of Easton Road.

• jenny_in_se_pa
    18 years ago

Yeah, Primex is not far from the Glenside train station down the road a piece from Easton Rd. on Glenside Ave. But when you are going down Glenside Ave., go slow or you'll miss it as they have a tiny parking lot in front (and some parking along the side via a driveway to the back) and the place doesn't have a very prominent front entrance that shouts "Nursery!"... lol (although the grounds are extensive behind the front part of the lot).

• the_analyst
    18 years ago

Where is Creek's Edge? I don't know of it, and I live fairly close to Franklin Mills.

Sarah

• luvsgrtdanes
    18 years ago

Sarah,
    Creek edge is behind the tire place at the intersection of Boscovs and toys r us.Get off the millbrook rd exit from woodhaven rd. You will see the sign.

• skippy05
    18 years ago

check out

www.greensgrow.org

complete w/map & detailed directions, hours etc.

not far from center city Philly

nursery & produce place

• carol_se_pa_6
    18 years ago

I just visited a great place in Yardley this weekend - Stony Hill Perennial Farm. It is on Stony Hill Road, not far from the exit off Route 1 - Fairless Hills. They have a great presentation of plants. Some different perennials and helpful people. Not cheap but not over the top. Highly recommend it!

• sarahbn
    18 years ago

Here's the website for primax. Sarah

Here is a link that might be useful: primax garden center

• GlennVanda
    18 years ago

try philly houseplants at 13th & bainbridge in S. Philly.

• the_analyst
    18 years ago

I always liked Feeney's Nursery in Feasterville. They aren't cheap however; luckily I have a $40 gift certificate I am using next weekend. :D

Sarah

• jenny_in_se_pa
    18 years ago

GlennVanda - how is that place? I remember first hearing about them a couple years ago and saw the website and have been wanting to go there one of these days after work since I work downtown. Was concerned about parking though, which has sortof made me back off from checking the place out...

'Course my sisters and I just got back from trading plants between ourselves and a brief junket out to the Home Depot (and its gardening stuff) on Baltimore Pike. LOL

• GlennVanda
    18 years ago

worth a trip. They're houseplant wholesalers but also open to the public. They get a lot of ourdoor plants in this time of year and also a LOT!!! of unusual annuals. I was there today, it was a real zoo. They get tractor trailers of stuff in every sunday.

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!