Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
chescobob

Oxford Annual Plant & Garden Sale

chescobob
17 years ago

On Saturday, May 6, between 8 am and 1 pm, there will be a plant and garden sale in "downtown" Oxfod, Pa. Oxford is in SW Chester County. I picked up a little advertisement card about it that reads: "Plants of plenty, shrubs, flowers, garden goodies & more!"

The location is 3rd and Locust on the lawn next to the Fulton Bank. We're talking small town here so if you ride south on Route 10 (it becomes 3rd street in Oxford), past Route 472, Locust is a few "cow moos" past Route 472 on your right. I think I might drop by to see what they have since I am nearby.

If anyone is interested, I can add a few local items of interest--including my primary nurseries.

I'm not sure if the Yahoo Map link will upload correctly but I am adding it.

Here is a link that might be useful: Oxford on Yahoo Map

Comments (5)

• garden_wench
    17 years ago

Oh, please add those the nurseries and local places. I went to Groff's but didn't make it over to the places in Oxford. Thanks.

• chescobob
    Original Author
    17 years ago

I was at Groff's today. I've been going there for 3 years now and I haven't seen it as full of plants as it is today.

If you are going south on Route 10 to Oxford, there is a nice nursery--"Britestar"--on the eastern side of Route 10 just north of the Route 1 interchange. I use this one for my shrubs. They have annuals, perennials, roses, trees, and shrubs. The shrubs seem well-stocked this year. They have prices that are cheaper on many things when comapred to the nurseries in the Routes 30, 100, and 1 area.

They have azaleas, rhododendron, viburnum, diablo ninebark, hakuro nishiki, elderberry 'gerda", Nellie Stevens holly, dragon lady holly, Blue Prince and Princess holly, hydrangea, pieris, lilacs, rose of sharon, shrub dogwood "bailey" and "ivory halo", etc., etc., etc. They also have an $8 dollar section of smaller plants.

Today, I saw a new shipment of 6 or 7' Green Giants.

• chescobob
    Original Author
    17 years ago

I forgot to mention some eating places.

I eat at Margheritta's just south of the Route 1 interchange on Route 10. They serve generous portions--Italian food--and the price is right. Less than a mile north of Britestar on the west side of Route 10 is Neuchatel Chocolates (see link below). A Swiss fellow makes fine Swiss chocolate here. If you want to get a taste of Heaven now, try the chocolate covered fruit. You can buy it in pieces at the display counter or in a box. My mouth is watering just thinking about it. (I think the store is open on Saturday.) The chocolate is expensive but less than Godiva.

I also eat at Peppercorn's in Oxford. Peppercorn's is on Market St. which is east of 3rd street at the stop light. Between the plant show and Market St., there is a surprising little stationery store. I walked in once and came out with a rose scented Yankee Candle that I couldn't find on the Yankee Candle internet site, nice writing paper, and some other things. You can't miss it in this little town.

That's all I can think of for now.

Here is a link that might be useful: Neuchatel Chocolates

• garden_wench
    17 years ago

Bob, thanks for the info, this going to be a fun day trip. Let's see: Britestar, Margheritta's and chocolates, and a filled up, full size pickup truck.
    I was very impressed by Groff's selection, found some unusual perennials for reasonable prices.

• pennycp
    17 years ago

Does anyone have infomation on any good plant sales in SE PA in the next few weeks?
    I found this one this one:

Penn State Cooperative Extension, Montgomery County
    Montgomery Co. Master Gardener Annual Plant Sale & Auction
    May 20, 9 am - 3 pm
    Fee: Free
    Montgomery County 4-H Center
    1015 Bridge Rd., Rte 113, Collegeville, PA 19426

But there has to be more!!!

Sponsored
HEMAX Construction Services & Landscaping, LLC
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars34 Reviews
Innovative & Creative Landscape Contractors Servicing VA