Return to the Pennsylvania Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Cozying Up to Trees--Ornamental That Is

Posted by chescobob z6b SEPA (My Page) on
Sat, Apr 8, 06 at 9:46

I don't have any trees in my cleared yard. However, I have plenty of hickory in my woods behind it. I went to the local nursery and found some nice flowering ornamental trees. One is called "Crimson Cascade Weeping Peach." No one seems to have one on the Trees Forum. How about here? I have linked it from the actual grower below.

Another one I looked at was a Centennial Magnolia. That seems to be a more common tree.

Anyone have any comments on either?

Here is a link that might be useful: Crimson Cascade Weeping Peach

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Cozying Up to Trees--Ornamental That Is

Pretty tree and sounds nice. I don't have one, but I did find a little info using google....

http://www.suesgarden.com.au/blossom_trees.html

Good luck and post photos! I would love to see it.

Alexa

o
RE: Cozying Up to Trees--Ornamental That Is

I bought my weeping peach this afternoon after we went to church. My mother and I visited the nursery at about noon. There were 10 there. When we left the nursery, I noticed a person picking one out. I dropped off my mother, a Diablo Ninebark, and a Lilac Sensation at home and headed back to the nursery for the tree.

When I arrived at the nursery, there were 2 on one cart and another shopper had 4 in her cart--along with three centennial magnolias. I got a nice one and headed for the checkout. When I was at the checkout, the nursery fellow mentioned that they would be sold out by the end of the day. Then someone behind me said they were all gone--she bought the last three.

These trees seem to be a bit different than the regular pink and white bloomers that one sees around here. At any rate, they were gone fast today.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pennsylvania Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here