Return to the Pennsylvania Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Tree and Shrub Nursery

Posted by DStoney828 z6 Pa (My Page) on
Sat, Apr 30, 05 at 10:00

Does anyone in the Bethlehem, Pa. area (hour north of Philly) know of some really good Nursey's. By good, I mean large selection(much acreage). You look some of these nursery's and garden centers up in the phone book, travel and end up disappointed. I am willing to travel an hour or so. Any suggestions would be appreciated!!

Dean

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Tree and Shrub Nursery

Hi Dean - Have you been to Glenmar Nursery in Bath? It's about 15 minutes north of Route 22...it's a little out of the way - the first time I went there, i thought i was lost. In my opinion, is one of the best in the area...hopefully it's not one of the garden centers you were disappointed with!

I've went to a few other places in NJ, probably about 45 minutes from Bethlehem and although they aren't huge nurseries, the plant quality has been excellent. I can get you the names/locations if you would like...good luck!

o

I forgot to include this link...

Here is a link that might be useful: Glenmar

o

Hi, Dean. I don't know how far Bethlehem is from Doylestown, but I stumbled upon this site when I was searching for nurseries in my area. Apparantly they have 190 acres and they are also closing at the end of this year so they have specials going. Hope that's useful.

Kelly

Here is a link that might be useful: Highland Hill Farm

o

I second the vote for Glenmar. I love wandering around there.

o

Thanks all for the sites. Lin, I did travel to Glenmar and have been there in the past. Very nice nursery and I picked up a lot of perenials. I also stopped by the Foliage Farm near Kutztown, which also has a large selection of shade trees and perenials. I still am have trouble finding a good selection of trees( Deodora Cedar's, Blue Atlas, Robusta Juniper etc.) I traveled to Buck's County last weekend and found four great gardencenters within 10 min. of each other. Most had a great selection, but no delivery to my area. Guess I need to get a truck. One of the nicest down there was Farm & Garden Station off of route 611. Any others with nice locations please let me know.

Dean

o

Did you ever try Tall Timbers. They also have a good selection

Here is a link that might be useful: Tall Timbers Nursery

o

I also like Tall Timbers and Glen Mar. You may also want to check out Kuss Bros on Cedar Crest Blvd. near Hamilton.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pennsylvania Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here