Return to the Pennsylvania Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
rain in the forecast...dare I hope?

Posted by pipersville_carol z6 Bucks PA (My Page) on
Fri, Apr 21, 06 at 13:29

The weather prediction is for a quarter inch of rain tonight. And possibly TWO WHOLE INCHES tomorrow!

I really hope that happens. Everything around here is stricken with drought. Yesterday I noticed that the ferns growing on the cliffs near the Tohickon creek are completely flat, hanging limply from the rocks. And of course, today we have dessicating 24 mph wind gusts, drying the plants out even more.

But perhaps relief is in sight.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: rain in the forecast...dare I hope?

I'm hoping for rain, too! We're down almost three inches for the year in Westmoreland County. They're forcasting rain all weekend - woohoo!

o

Please share with me also! Send it to Wyoming County! I'll be looking out the window waiting! Thanks so much!

o

Oh ---I am so hoping for rain---I spent two days feeding my roses and they need a drink!-----We do have a well but the area needs rain----

Shall we all do the rain dance!!

My son has a Perennial Farm here in Yardley and keeping things well-watered is a big job

I'm dancing OK--one -two -three

Florence

o

Philly weather said we may get up to 4" of rain here.

o

Didn't that rain smell great!

o

Great job on the rain dance! Thanks so much!!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pennsylvania Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here