Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
peskymac

Nurseries in Delaware County?

peskymac
19 years ago

I'm new to Delaware County -- I'm in Aldan. I'd rather support small nurseries instead of giant places like Home Depot, so I'm looking for some great local nurseries. Specifically, places that sell vegetable plants.

Any ideas?

Comments (13)

• jenny_in_se_pa
    19 years ago

I go to several there, thanks to one of my sisters who lives in Delco.

Try Styers in Concordville and Waterloo Gardens in Devon and Exton. I haven't been to the Exton location but sis promised that we would try to get there at some point this year, as she hasn't been there yet either.

• carol23_gw
    19 years ago

Rebud Native Plant Nursery http://www.redbudnativeplantnursery.com/, Mostardi's Nursery http://www.mostardi.com/ are well worth the trip.

• Kathy46
    19 years ago

countryside nursery on rt 40 in bear Delaware has great slection and pond suplies. A little pricey but you will find everything there.

Kathy

• hannah
    19 years ago

Main Line Gardens!
    It's the best!!!!! âº

• GrandmaCarol
    19 years ago

Well, I left Delaware County (Drexel Hill) about 7 years ago. BUT, if they are still there, there is/was a place called Hillside Nursery located on Baltimore Pike in Clifton Heights that I liked a lot. They are/were well stocked, knowlegeable and moderately priced.

• debbies_cockatiels_2
    12 years ago

I live in Secane now and Hillside Nursery located on Baltimore Pike in Clifton Heights is still
    there and still open... 8-12-11.

• katofpa
    12 years ago

Yes, Redbud sells native plants, but it is very alternative. Styers and Waterloo are pricey, so I wait for their sales, but their plants are varied and healthy. Tyler Aboretum has a nice spring plant sale with the bonus of free admission.

Here is a link that might be useful: Tyler Arboretum

• portia
    10 years ago

Revisiting this old thread, anyone have anything new to contribute on must-visits?

We are closer to the DE border in Delco (right next to Chadds Ford), planning on checking out Old Country Gardens in DE, and also love the surprisingly big plant selection at Wolff's Apple House on 452/Pennell, they have a fantastic selection out of herbs and perennials in 4" pots and very affordable!! I bought a few lavender a few weeks ago from them; just had a Bluestone Perennials order come in with lavender and the Wolff's ones are 3x the size as the BP and I paid more for BP.

• AngZ
    10 years ago

Leon's Garden World is right there on the border in Wilmington. On the Concord Pike. They have good specials.

Also Wedgwood Gardens is in Glen Mills. They have a good selection and their prices aren't bad.

Here is a link that might be useful: Wedgewood Gardens

• di_in_pa
    10 years ago

Flash forward 2014: all Waterloo Gardens locations are now closed, Styers is "Terrain" - nice displays, pricey, not as many plant varieties as Styers. I used to trek to Lancaster County for good deals on annuals and hanging baskets, but recently discovered Miller's in Wallingford. Prices are as good or better than Amish greenhouses in Lancaster/western Chester County, healthy plants, really nice staff! Check them out!

Here is a link that might be useful: Millers - Wallingford PA

• portia
    9 years ago

Thanks will have to check that out! Not too far.

Was just at Terrain today, love that place but very expensive, great for lunch though.

So far still loving Wolff's for their plants, they have a huge selection and their pricing still beats almost anywhere.

Also want to check out Old Country Gardens in DE when I have a chance.

• debo_2006
    9 years ago

FYI: Main Line Gardens in Malvern just bought the site of Waterloo Gardens in Exton.

I usually go to Main Line Gardens and there is also a garden center on 352 in Glen Mills not far from West Chester Pike (can't remember the name).

I've been in Terrain once and it'll be the last. It is outrageously expensive.

• dedtired
    9 years ago

Agree with Debi about Terrain.. Prices are ridiculous. If anyone is still looking for great prices on annuals in Delco, head to Produce Junction in Broomall of Gentile's in Newtown Square.

Sponsored
Urban Upkeep LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars6 Reviews
Franklin County's High Quality Painting Expert