Return to the Pennsylvania Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Need advice moving seedlings to greenhouse temporarily

Posted by pworden 6 (My Page) on
Sun, Apr 7, 13 at 18:18

I have a big variety of seedlings started in early March. I put up a small greenhouse on my deck. I'd like to move them in there - we expect freezing temps next Friday but that's it. I have mostly flowers, daisies, mums, statice, marigolds, plus some tomatoes. I think they'll grow better in there than under lights as they tend to get rather tender inside, but am afraid of the shock of cold temps at night. Any advice on this appreciated. Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Need advice moving seedlings to greenhouse temporarily

Updat: I decided to move them into the green house and added a 60 watt light inside for nighttime, based on my brother's experience. Will post the results.

o

I moved mine into greenhouse each day and bring them ineve. unless the temps. stay above freezing-and they still are not coming out of dirt (in container) I planted them in containers about three weeks ago. There must be someone who has experience in this type of gardening-Please HELP! thanks-

o

Mine are doing well in greenhouse with light bulb. I haven't moved them back inside at all. I think as long as you provide a little heat like a light bulb you save yourself the trouble of moving them back and forth. Not much activity on this site, is there?! Hope your seedlings do very well!

o

When you put lightbulb in greenhouse, what do you put light bulb in so that it will not be a fire hazard? Most fixtures I see limit bulb to 60 watt, is this where you put garden light? Thank you for responding-Sharon

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pennsylvania Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here