Return to the Pennsylvania Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Nutty me went to the greenhouse today.

Posted by Kathy_ (My Page) on
Sun, Apr 24, 05 at 18:23

It was cold but Trayers (south of Mercersburg PA) was calling my name for 2 weeks so off we went. Did not need to fight for a parking space! There were a few other brave souls walking and it was nice to go int he greenhouses to get out of the wind. Came home with 3 tiny low growing sedums, a larger new for 2005 spiky sedum the color of a yellow overwatered plant, and an Alpine plant that looks like a tiny fern. Spent all of $11.00. Wanted some coleus but I'll let them babysit them for a while. Brrrr. I kept the plants in the car for today.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Nutty me went to the greenhouse today.

kathy,

sounded like a fun way to spend yesterday. our weather here (right outside philly) was nasty, you, being further out, it must have been a litle worse.

do you know the name of the sedum? i have one (autumn joy) that grew from a piece a friend gave me, had it in the garden for years and would continue to separate it. finally just found out the name of it. they are very hardy plants. now i've started sharing it.

o
RE: Nutty me went to the greenhouse today.

Hi Kathy!
I'm in McConnellsburg and they know me by name at Trayer's.LOL
I was driving around last Wednesday and came upon another Amish nursery at the Chambersburg end of Walnut Bottom called--Spring HILL maybe. Anyway Sandy there is doing a lot with shagnum moss and I bought a beautiful basket. There's a moss wreath there that still calls to me.
At 'Breezy Valley" on 997 close to Turnpike they are blazing with color and baskets galore. You must check those out though I suspect you already have. It's a madness, isn't it? Lin

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pennsylvania Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here